Job no: 513370
Work type: Staff Full Time
Categories: Seasonal - All Other
Assistant Residential Supervisor (Grant-Funded)
Upward Bound Summer Program
SUMMARY PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To aid and support the Residential Supervisor in the administration of residential operations. Provide tutoring and supervise residential staff and a suite of students.
EXAMPLES OF PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Residential Supervisor in the administration of the residential component.
- Assist in the coordination of cross-curricular and recreational programming.
- Teach study skills that assist students in preparation for postsecondary education.
- Proactively organize programming to meet student’s emotional, social, behavioral, and developmental needs.
- Monitor student compliance with program rules related to residential life.
- Monitor and participate in daily meals.
- Maintain awareness of whereabouts of students while on campus and on field trips.
- Develop and maintain procedures for students to receive messages in a timely manner.
- Assist in administering discipline to students for infractions of residence rules.
- Maintain inventory of keys to residence hall rooms.
- Conduct daily inspection of premises to identify and report maintenance and custodial needs.
- Assist in development of Upward Bound Production.
- On call for students needs during residential stay.
- Organize and facilitate the storage, distribution and security of student medications.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree preferred or College student, Junior or higher currently enrolled with a GPA of 2.7 or above.
OTHER: Ability to relate sensitively to the needs of an ethnically diverse body of students. This is a live-in position starting on June 15, 2022 – August 5, 2022.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience with campus residence as a student or staff of residence hail.
- Experience working with high school student populations.
- Ability to motivate students in recreational exercises.
- Ability to organize and carry out administrative tasks in a dormitory setting.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to represent a positive role model for students.
- Experience managing staff, and building a positive team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of and experience in using positive approaches to behavioral management with high school aged students preferred.
- Experience and knowledge of best practices for mentoring and tutoring preferred.
- Experience engaging with urban high school aged youth preferred
OFFICIAL JOB TITLE: Assistant Residential Supervisor
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
DEPARTMENT: Upward Bound
NO. OF POSITIONS: 1
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS/SALARY: Temporary, non-benefited
SALARY: $15.00/hr plus free room and board
GRANT FUNDED: X
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director, Program Coordinator and Residential Supervisor
Effective September 27, 2021, UMass Dartmouth requires that all members of the campus community are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Additionally, all members of the campus community must obtain a Covid-19 booster shot and provide proof when requested. Individuals who are not yet eligible to receive a booster shot must obtain one within 30 days from the date they become eligible.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
To apply please submit a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Advertised: 09 Mar 2022 Eastern Standard Time