: Information Systems - 3008Locations:
: All Locations, United StatesPosted:
: Feb 27, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timePosition ID:
About Champlain College:
Founded in 1878, Champlain College is a small, private, not-for-profit college in Burlington, Vermont overlooking Lake Champlain and the Adirondack mountains, with additional campuses in Montreal, Canada, and Dublin, Ireland. Its career-driven approach to higher education prepares students for professional life from their very first semester. For the fifth year in a row, Champlain was named a "Most Innovative School" in the North by U.S. News & World Report's "America's Best Colleges" 2020 regional rankings and listed among The Princeton Review's "The Best 385 Colleges" in 2020. Champlain is also featured in the 2021 Fiske Guide to Colleges as one of the "best and most interesting schools" in the United States, Canada, and Great Britain and is recognized as a 2020 College of Distinction for its "Engagement, Teaching, Community, and Outcomes. The College offers 30 undergraduate degrees as well as online undergraduate, graduate, and certificate programs.
Champlain's Centers of Experience provide students from across all majors with experiential learning environments that guide them in how to take their classroom knowledge and put it to the test in practical applications allowing them to gain real-world experience firsthand. Each Center connects Champlain to the local community and the world, turning theory into practice. The Centers entrust students with responsibility, engage them in ambitious goals and empower them to lead with creativity, confidence, insight, and integrity. At the helms of the Centers are cutting-edge industry professionals who share the goal of providing the most relevant, career-focused education, enriched with hands-on learning opportunities.
As a remote) member of the Business Architecture Solutions team, you will help design and build secure, robust and user-friendly applications for both internal and external stakeholders. Working with other developers on the team, as well as our internal stakeholders across different departments, you will be a part of the entire development cycle from initial ideation to deployment and refinement.
This is a full-time role on our small collaborative team inside the Information System department. Your experience and ideas will help inform priorities on our team and the direction of our long-term development goals.
This position reports to the Director of Business Architecture Solutions & Web Development at Champlain College. There are opportunities for remote work in this role.
Daily Activities Include
- Participation in team standup
- Development of server-side systems using both homegrown technologies and common frameworks such as Zend and Laravel
- Collaborating with other team members through code reviews and brainstorming
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders and team members through asynchronous platforms like Google Chat or updates to Jira stories
- Troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms
- Design and conduct testing, both automated and manual
- Writing user-friendly documentation
- Ensuring design consistency of user interfaces across a variety of interfaces, including mobile and desktop browsers
- Writing modern HTML, CSS, and JS that supports our marketing team's design system
- 5+ years of professional development experience
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Thorough experience with feature branch based Git development cycle, both locally and remotely on GitHub
- Experience with Linux OS administration
Selection of Technologies Used
- PHP (Zend/Laravel frameworks, custom WordPress development)
- React JS
- Creating internal and consuming external REST APIs
- Bash scripting for various server administration tasks
- Nginx/Apache Web Server Configuration
- Bootstrap framework
- Git/GitHub based development workflows
- Jira for sprint management
- Docker for local and production deployments
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
Application materials must include a resume/CV and a letter of interest (Cover Letter) specifically addressing the desired qualifications.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIV -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
The College seeks candidates who, through their work and life experiences, service to the community, teaching or research can contribute to the diversity, inclusivity and academic excellence of Champlain College. Please include information about how you would contribute to these efforts and help to further this goal in your letter of interest/cover letter.
In order to be considered for the position, you must upload a resume.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice: