Liberty University’s hiring practices and EEO Statement are fully in compliance with both federal and state law. Federal law creates an exception to the “religion” component of the employment discrimination laws for religious organizations (including educational institutions), and permits them to give employment preference to members of their own religion. Liberty University is in that category.Position Title:
Dissertation Chair/ReaderDoes this position require driving?:
NoJob Summary/Basic Function:
The Dissertation Chair/Reader position is considered an Online Adjunct Professor position with the Helms School of Government. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to administering dissertation courses in accordance with assigned schedule, providing detailed feedback, mentoring/challenging students to grow intellectually and spiritually, maintaining contact with students to advise on matters related to academic achievement, attendance, and behavior, and maintaining/reporting grades and attendance in accordance with university policies.Minimum Qualifications:
- PhD, Doctor (other than Juris Doctor), or similar terminal degree from an institution accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in a relevant discipline.
- Organizational skills that facilitate the completion of assignments and tasks in a timely and accurate manner.
- Adequate interpersonal, customer service, and presentation skills.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing to convey information.
- Familiarity with of Microsoft Office suite and online Learning Management Systems.
- A PhD, Doctor (other than Juris Doctor), or similar terminal degree AND experience lending to subject matter expertise in a relevant discipline.
- Demonstrated strengths in teaching at the graduate level.
- Strong organizational skills that facilitate assignment/task anticipation and completion.
- Superior interpersonal and presentation skills required.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Mastery of the Microsoft Office suite and online Learning Management Systems (Canvas).
Estimated 10 hours per week per course.Posting Date:
03/11/2022Special Instructions for Applicants:
This application requires no less than ONE PASTORAL REFERENCE and TWO PROFESSIONAL REFERENCES. An acceptable pastoral reference would be a recommendation from a person in leadership at a recent (within three years) church of attendance. Failure to provide these references will result in your application being discontinued. Please notify your references in advance, then submit an active email address for them in the Reference Collection portion of this application. They will receive further instructions as to the reference letter content and uploading process by automated message. Please note that while only unofficial transcripts are required during this stage of the application process, official transcripts for all conferred degrees (excluding Associate’s degrees) will be required should the department select you for an interview.Quicklink: