The Jacobs Institute for Innovation in Education is a non-profit R&D institute powering inclusive innovation and leadership in education. We are affiliated with the School of Leadership & Education Sciences at the University of San Diego, and engage in pioneering research and evaluation, development of innovative curriculum and technologies, and support professional learning grounded in the learning sciences. Our mission fosters inclusion, diversity and social justice in education. Our team includes researchers, designers, technologists and faculty.
Over the past eight years, The Jacobs Institute has established itself as a credible and important voice in education, particularly in advancing innovation and equity in our schools. Working across the spectrum of educational innovation, our work supports research and evaluation of ed innovation initiatives, development of new technologies, curriculum and pedagogical models, and support for educational organizations to sustain and scale their initiatives. Our partners are trans-disciplinary and we work in collaboration with districts, schools, and educational organizations and education-supporting companies.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution
, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition
and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens
and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges
The Jacobs Institute for Innovation in Education seeks an Administrative Coordinator. This position will report to the Assistant Director of Operations & Administration and will support the Jacobs Institute's administration. This is a full-time, campus-based temporary position with possible option for renewal.
We are seeking an organized, personable, and detail-oriented Administrative Coordinator to join our organization. The Administrative Coordinator will perform a broad range of administrative and accounting support functions. Tasks include, but are not limited to, general accounting, creating marketing content, and supporting event logistics. This role will be part of supporting and organizing key Institute initiatives and events as well as supporting the day-to-day operation of the Institute.
The Jacobs Institute for Innovation in Education is a non-profit R&D institute powering inclusive innovation and leadership in education. We are affiliated with the School of Leadership & Education Sciences at the University of San Diego, and engage in pioneering research and evaluation, development of innovative curriculum and technologies, and support professional learning grounded in the learning sciences. Our mission fosters inclusion, diversity and social justice in education. Our team includes researchers, designers, technologists and faculty.Duties & Responsibilities:
Opens and closes the Jacobs Institute daily and greets visitors. Responsible for ordering supplies, organizing furniture and technology, scheduling SOLES Innovation Classroom and assists instructors with classroom procedures, and coordinates onsite meetings and catering.
Events & Conference Support:
- Performs a broad range of event logistics planning, including coordinating travel, conference facilities reservations, and communications with vendors, catering and audio-visual services personnel. Supports event production and helps troubleshoot on-site event logistics.
- Serves as liaison between the Jacobs Institute for Innovation in Education leadership and event attendees, speakers, facilities, and vendors. Collaborates with other Jacobs Institute for Innovation in Education staff related to meeting planning; and performs related duties as assigned.
- Provide accounting support to the Assistant Director of Administration & Operations. Primary duties include the timely preparation of Workday finance reports, performing journal entries, and other accounting and reporting responsibilities as assigned.
- Under the direction of the Assistant Director of Administration & Operations and in adherence with University branding, provide marketing and communications support. Duties include supporting the Jacobs Institute's marketing and conference materials, assisting in preparation of client materials, printing materials for conferences, and updating employee profile information in USD directory.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Analytical, detail-orientated and excellent communication skills
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with Workday
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish
- General knowledge of Cashflow Frog, Quickbooks or other accounting software
- Knowledge or previous experience with event logistics
- Familiarity with Whova event platform
- Experience with Adobe or other graphic design software
Special Conditions of Employment:
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including: Personal computer (preferably both Macintosh and PC environments), various software applications (G-Suite), copier, telephone
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Cooperate as a team member performing supportive duties essential to the achievement of efficient Institute operations
- Possess good organizational skills and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Possess flexibility and versatility in order to contribute to evolving work situations
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/ Background check:
Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.Degree Verification Requirement
: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Special Application Instructions:
Resume and Cover Letter Required
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume
to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected]
37.5 hours per weekClosing date:
December 10, 2021Note
: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
March 08, 2022
Open until filled
To apply, visit https://jobs.sandiego.edu/cw/en-us/job/494741/administrative-coordinator
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency