Bard Prison Initiative/MicrocollegeProgram Coordinator - Bard Microcollege, HolyokeEmployer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/103902
Bard College seeks a full-time Program Coordinator for Bard Microcollege Holyoke, This position ensures smooth operation of microcollege programs and events, maintenance of academic data and records, and effective internal communication. This is a full-time, exempt, 12 months per year. This is an in-person position based at The Care Center, 247 Cabot St., Holyoke, MA.
The successful candidate will excel at working in a community that is broadly diverse with regard to race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion. This position is fully benefits-eligible through Bard College. Staff benefits include health insurance with prescription, vision, and dental, as well as employer contributions to a retirement plan.
A private institution serving in the public interest, Bard College is committed to critical inquiry, civic engagement, and the expansion of educational access.
Building on the values and 15-year success of the Bard Prison Initiative, the Bard Microcollege brings tuition-free, high-quality, liberal arts education to communities most often excluded from the university experience. The strength of the microcollege rests in alliances between institutions that are conventionally separate from one another but have overlapping missions, common purpose, and shared core values. These partnerships create opportunities for academic success and disrupt traditional expectations about the kinds of students who can and will succeed in college.Key Responsibilities:
- Help cultivate community, foster shared ambition, and inspire intellectual curiosity among microcollege students
- Provide administrative support for the program
- Help maintain academic records, including database use and data entry
- Manage tutoring schedule and supervise tutor work hours
- Organize logistics for the weekly microcollege lunch, annual recruitment and admission sessions, and special events
- Maintain a weekly newsletter
- Manage the Facebook account and supporting digital communications
- Provide support for special initiatives as the program grows
- Commitment to BPI’s mission of defying expectation of who college is for and where it might lead; Strong organizational skill and attention to detail
- Written and oral communication skills
- Ability to self-manage, maintain focus, and balance multiple tasks
- Experience working collaboratively on projects
- Familiarity with academic institutions preferred
- Comfort using word processing and spreadsheet software
- Experience using databases preferred but not required
- Familiarity managing social media accounts, particularly Facebook
- Associate degree or higher
To apply, please submit a cover letter that includes a description of how you have practiced diversity and inclusion as part of your educational or employment experience, a resume, and the contact information of three references through Interfolio.com at: http://apply.interfolio.com/103902Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.