Admission Counselor Location:
Enrollment Division Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Staff Posting Details Appointment:
regular, full-time, (1.0) FTE. Position Summary:
The Admission Counselor serves as a representative of University of Puget Sound, engaging prospective students and their families in the enrollment process including outreach, recruitment, admission, and enrollment. As a member of the Admission team, this position plays a critical role in supporting and advancing efforts to meet University enrollment goals.
Using a territory management model, the Admission Counselor is responsible for reviewing and assessing applications, making thoughtful admission decisions, and implementing recruitment and yield strategies that enroll students who will contribute to an academically rigorous and inclusive campus community.
In addition to general admission counselor responsibilities, this role will work with office leadership and colleagues in Alumni & Parent Relations to coordinate opportunities for alumni and parent volunteers to engage in the recruitment and enrollment process. Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Represent the University to prospective students, families, and community members from diverse backgrounds, communicating an in-depth knowledge of the university's mission, academic and co-curricular programs, and values.
- Manage a recruitment territory, including maintenance of historical travel records, key school/alumni contacts, regional higher education trends, and outcomes. Represent the University at recruitment functions including high school visits, college fairs, and community events. Travel will consist of approximately 8-12 weeks, including evening and weekend commitments, concentrated in the fall and spring.
- Engage prospective students in ongoing communication through face-to-face and virtual meetings, email, written correspondence, phone calls, and texting. Serve as a liaison to connect prospective students with key university offices. Maintain a strong customer service orientation with timely responses to inquiries and questions.
- Represent the institution and the Enrollment Division to campus visitors with an emphasis on outstanding customer service, professionalism, and flexibility. This role requires public speaking and the ability to lead tours of campus or specific areas of campus when required.
- Apply university admission standards, policies, and regulations in a holistic fashion to review undergraduate applications for admission.
- Serve as liaison to the Office of Alumni & Parent relations and a collaborative partner with the Alumni Council Admission Committee and the Parent & Family Council. Facilitate opportunities for alumni and parent volunteers to participate in the recruitment and enrollment process. Collaborate with admission colleagues who oversee data, events, and marketing/communications to manage volunteer opportunities.
- Use data to inform the development of tactics for student recruitment, territory management, and other projects.
- As an active member of the admission team, contribute to the development and implementation of strategies to achieve the university's enrollment goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
All counselors have university issued Pcards and manage their expenses within the Pcard system. Qualifications:
Compensation and Benefits
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably from a liberal arts college
- Commitment to the values of a liberal arts education.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion as it impacts the campus community and beyond.
- Possess strong leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Must desire to work in an environment that celebrates diversity.
- Must be flexible, handle a demanding work schedule, and be able to work independently within a team management structure.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide range of constituencies.
- Process strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to lift at least 35 pounds.
- Must have the ability to travel a minimum of 6 weeks.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to respectfully work, communicate and provide leadership within a diverse campus community.
: The anticipated pay for this position will be approximately $40,000 DOE, it will be non-exempt. Decisions about starting salaries are made based on the extent and relatedness of the candidate's education and experience and on internal equity and market considerations. Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package. For more information, visit: https://pugetsound.edu/human-resources/benefitsApplication Deadline:
Please apply by April 4, 2022 to ensure consideration. Required Documents:
Applications submitted without the required attachments will not be considered. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of all required background checks. All new hires will be required to submit proof of current COVID-19 vaccination (including booster) or receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the university.Diversity Statement:
We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: https://pugetsound.edu/about-puget-sound-0/mission-core-values/institutional-equity-diversity
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.