Job Location: Fort Wayne Campus - Fort Wayne, IN
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: Master's
Indiana Tech is a thriving, independent, teaching-oriented institution with a focus on career-oriented programs in business, engineering, information technology and computer science, criminal justice, life sciences, human services, and many other concentrations. Indiana Tech enrolls nearly 1,500 students in its traditional undergraduate programs on its picturesque main campus and nearly 5,000 students in its College of Professional Studies programs online and onsite at 15 regional locations. Degrees are offered at the associate, bachelor's, master's, and doctoral levels.
Over 41% of our students are either globally or domestically diverse; this contributes to our unique vibrant and inclusive campus community. All academic programs are designed to provide students with relevant and practical experiences, including an emphasis on internships. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Indiana Institute of Technology embraces diversity and equal opportunity intentionally. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success with respect to educating our students to become global citizens. Indiana Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Indiana Tech has big plans for its future. Learn more at Indiana Tech Strategic Plan.
Indiana Tech seeks an experienced Career Center professional to fill the Director of the Career Center position. The Indiana Tech Career Center develops students to become career-ready through personal development and understanding, professional preparation programming, and experiences to practice job skills. The Director is responsible for the vision, management, and oversight of all facets of the Career Center, supporting all students and alumni in Fort Wayne, regional locations, and online. Additionally, the Director will collaborate with admissions, academic units, alumni services, and employers to promote career development through internships, hiring, and academic program support. The Career Center services include support for international students completing CPT/OPT, preparation of documents for the job search process, interviewing skills, researching prospective employers, recruiting employers to list with the Center, conducting an annual Job Fair, developing and overseeing corporate connections for internships and job opportunities for students. Visit the Career Center at Indiana Tech Career Center
. Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage Career Center operations, budget, and staff
- Provide overall vision and direction for the Career Center programs in support of the university's career-focused mission
- Foster relationships to collaborate with employer partners, faculty and staff to support and enhance the services provided by the Career Center. Work closely with Enrollment Services, Academics, and Institutional Advancement staff/faculty, especially in remote locations, to develop and foster employer connections to the university to benefit students.
- Manage and oversee the university's internship program academic and non-academic
- Create and implement strategic initiatives in alignment with the University strategic plan
- Develop/coordinate/manage programs and services provided by the Career Center
- Manage the career-related events, including, but not limited to: Mock Interviews, Job Fair(s), internship recognition, etc.
- Instruct, present, and/or facilitate various Career Readiness Training Courses including, but not limited to, Pre-Internship Seminar, Get Equipped, Don't Cancel Class, etc.
- Serve as a Designated School Official (DSO) to update and maintain the SEVIS records of nonimmigrant students in F and M visa categories specific to OPT and CPT rules
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Master's degree in human resources, education, career guidance, or related field required
- Knowledge in career development, internships, and job search strategies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Career counseling and/or teaching experience at the University level preferred, and/or experiences in career management with adults
- Ability to effectively interact in group and one-on-one settings
- Excellent communications skills
- Experience in creating and implementing marketing strategies
- Experience in career development and job placement desired
Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment with some regional travel necessary. Application materials must include a cover letter and resume. Applicants must be prepared to provide a written response to Tech's vision and diversity statements. For preferential review of materials, please apply by May 15, 2022.