Job Location: Fort Wayne Campus - Fort Wayne, IN
Position Type: Adjunct
Education Level: Master's Degree Preferred
Job Category: Education
Description Indiana Tech is a thriving, independent, teaching-oriented institution with a focus on career-oriented programs in business, engineering, information technology and computer science, criminal justice, life sciences, human services and many other concentrations. Indiana Tech enrolls nearly 1,500 students in its traditional undergraduate programs on its picturesque main campus and nearly 5,000 students in its College of Professional Studies programs online and onsite at 15 regional locations. Degrees are offered at the associate, bachelor’s, masters and doctoral levels. Over 41% of our students are either globally or domestically diverse; this contributes to our unique vibrant and inclusive campus community. All academic programs are designed to provide students with relevant and practical experiences, including an emphasis on internships. The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. Indiana Institute of Technology embraces diversity and equal opportunity intentionally. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success with respect to educating our students to become global citizens. Indiana Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Indiana Tech has big plans for its future. Learn more at Indiana Tech Strategic Plan
. General Summary
The College of Engineering and Computer Science is seeking qualified individuals to join our adjunct hiring pool to express their interest in future, part-time teaching assignments at the Indiana Institute of Technology. Typical courses include environmental health and safety, lean manufacturing, ERP, CIM, Six Sigma, and engineering law. The College of Engineering and Computer Science currently has openings to teach courses in the evening on the Fort Wayne campus, in a face-to-face format for eight weeks. Courses in this format meet once a week for three (3) hours. Principal Duties & Responsibilities
Course goals and objectives are set by the dean and are defined in the letter of agreement.Additional:
- Teach one or more courses per session in accordance with course competencies and syllabi.
- Develop and/or utilize a variety of instructional strategies, techniques and delivery methods designed to meet the individual learning style of students.
- Provide a supportive and engaging learning environment for a diverse student population.
- Support efforts to increase access and success in higher education for underrepresented. students.
- Support the mission, vision, and strategic plan of Indiana Institute of Technology.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or a closely related field.
- Three years full time or part time College-level teaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse student population.
- Demonstrated evidence of strong written and oral communication.
- Experience with a Learning Management System preferred.
- Applicants should be able to use technology effectively in all aspects of their work, including teaching.
Work is normally performed in a typical classroom/office environment. Qualifications