Associate Director, Recreational SportsAgency
Texas A&M University - Corpus ChristiDepartment
Recreational SportsProposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, TexasJob Type
StaffJob DescriptionJob Description:
The Associate Director of Recreational Sports Programs & Wellness (Associate Director) reports to the Director of Recreational Sports & Wellness and is a member of the Leadership Team which is the decision-making unit for the Rec Sports department. This position is responsible for assisting in the management of a comprehensive Recreational Sports Department primarily overseeing the Recreational Sports Program areas (Intramurals, Sport Clubs, Fitness/Wellness, Youth Programs, Marketing, etc.) and the administrative functions of the department.Responsibilities:
- Assist the Director with the management of the Recreational Sports department in the development and maintenance of departmental goals, budget, policies, contract administration and assessment of programs.
- Hire, schedule, train, supervise, and evaluate employees.
- Write, evaluate, implement, and support policies and procedures. Administer risk management for areas under supervision.
- Implement, oversee, and maintain Fusion software. Serve as Liaison between department and Inn soft, Inc.
- Ensure that fiscal responsibility, risk management, personnel management, training, mentoring, and development are properly addressed and performed for areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate, oversee, and advise the core program areas of Intramurals, Sport Clubs, Youth Programs, and Marketing, including staffing, budgets, and conduct issues. Provide support and guidance to staff directly responsible for these areas.
- Work closely with Competitive Sport Coordinator and Youth Programs and Marketing Coordinator to ensure delivery of a variety of quality programs throughout the year.
- Assist with registration and core questions.
- Purchase equipment and supplies for programmatic areas and department.
- Ensure departmental website and social media are accurate, timely, and contain visually aesthetic information.
- Administer budget of assigned areas and purchase equipment as necessary.
- Serve on committees as assigned. Work to develop sustainable partnerships.
- Write, evaluate, implement, support, and disseminate policies and procedures.
- Assist in oversight, development, and risk management practices of momentum complex.
- Assist in Weave process & annual reports.
- Ability and interest in serving as a mentor for students and new professionals by engaging and contributing to a vibrant life on campus. Demonstrate a student-centered philosophy, mindful of student well-being and success.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned by Supervisor or university administration
- Act as area director as needed.
- Serve on University committees. Participate in special projects.
- Perform other duties as needed and assigned by supervisor or university administration.
- Bachelor's degree in Higher Education, Recreational Sports, or closely related field
- Eight (8) years' experience in Student Affairs environment.
- Additional education may be considered as a substitution for the minimum experience requirements”
- Master's and Six (6) Years of experience
- Doctoral and Four (4) Years of experience
- Experience in management of programs including supervision of students and/or staff, preparation and assisting in administration of budgets, contract administration, program development, and assessment.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated effective problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to perform administrative duties such as budgets and expenditures of resources, planning, and have excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to relate to students and to work in collaboration with various representatives from university departments and the community, multitask and develop marketing strategies.
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), assessments, and databases.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing, and diverse environment.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings.
- Master's degree in Higher Education, Recreational Sports, or closely related field.
- Certification in American Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid
- Experience in collegiate recreation setting.
- Vast experience in supervising professional staff.
- Experience and knowledge of marketing, basic graphic design, and social media techniques.
- Experience in the administration of at least one of the following areas: Sport Clubs, Intramurals, Fitness & Wellness, Special Events, Marketing, and/or Outdoor Adventures.
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/TAMUCC_External/job/Corpus-Christi-TAMUCC/Associate-Director--Recreational-Sports_R-047508-1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency