Digital Initiatives and Technology Librarian (T...
About Westfield State University:
In 1839, Horace Mann founded Westfield State University as the first public higher education institution without barrier to race, gender or economic class. Westfield State University is committed to a policy of non-discrimination, equal opportunity, diversity and affirmative action. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people including minorities, women, veterans, individuals with disabilities and other protected persons, or individuals with diverse cultural backgrounds.
Westfield State is the most residential of the state universities in Massachusetts, with over 60% of our 5600 full-time undergraduate students living on campus. The campus is ideally situated on the edge of the Berkshire Mountains in western Massachusetts just 30 minutes from the thriving cultural centers of Northampton and Amherst, and 1.5 hours from both Boston and Albany.
Job Description:Campus Title:
Digital Initiatives and Technology Librarian (Tenure Track)State Job Title:
Assistant Librarian/Associate Librarian/LibrarianDepartment:
Library Job Code:
HAL400 / HAL300 / HAL200FLSA Status:
Full-time Permanent Timeframe:
52 Weeks Shift:
8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (partial telework eligible)Regular Days Off:
Saturday and SundaySupervision Received:
General supervision by the Library Director. Evaluation by the Library Program Chair and administrators in accordance with the MSCA/BHE Agreement.Supervision Exercised:
Supervises the work of one part-time employee and student assistants as needed.Salary:
$48,000.00-$56,000.00 (Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.) General Statement of Duties:
The Digital Initiatives and Technology Librarian administers, develops, and maintains Library technology services to improve the user experience and operations of the library.Duties and Responsibilities:Duties include but not limited to:
- Administer the library's website, integrated library system and link resolver (OCLC WorldShare Management Services), LibGuides, and other library services. Collaborate with library staff on integration and upgrade projects for these systems to improve the user experience and/or improve staff workflows.
- Monitor best practices and trends in emerging technologies, and proactively research, recommend, and develop/adapt/implement technologically innovative services to match internal and external user needs.
- Serve as the technical lead for the library's institutional repository (IR) project, working closely with the IR Working Group and part-time IR technician.
- Provide leadership in exploring new technologies and their application in serving the mission of the library.
- Collaborate with other campus technology personnel, and participate in division-wide projects.
- Participate in the library's reference and instructional services programs on an as-needed basis.
- Participate in professional activities, continuing scholarship, and serve on University committees
- ALA-accredited Master of Library and Information Science or equivalent
- Working knowledge of the purposes and components of library management systems.
- Understanding of emerging library technologies and how they serve users.
- Demonstrated knowledge of website design and standards including CSS, usability testing, and accessibility requirements.
- Understanding of project management principles and practices.
- Evidence of ability to communicate with multiple constituencies in both technical and non-technical terms.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse population of faculty/staff, students, and colleagues and foster a culture of inclusion.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to determine effectively the root cause of issues and implement the appropriate solution.
- Experience providing instruction and reference services.
- Experience as a systems librarian in an academic setting.
- Experience managing integrated library systems.
For the majority of new employees, the minimum starting salary will apply. Specific salary for current Westfield State University employees and individuals currently working for the state of Massachusetts must be calculated individually in accordance with collective bargaining and state policies and procedures.
State job specifications for this position may be found at the department of higher education website: http://www.mass.edu/foremployees/classificationspecs/classspecs-pers.aspDisability Accommodations:
Westfield State University understands that persons with disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance regarding disability accommodations, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (413) 572-8106.Background Check:
Employment at Westfield State University is contingent upon a background check that is satisfactory to the University. Failure to provide written authorization for a background check will nullify the offer of employment.
Application Instructions:An on-line application is required.
The successful candidate must submit an official transcript at the time of hire. Interested candidates should electronically attach the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three references *
- Copy of unofficial transcript of highest degree
* Provide the contact information for reference providers in the reference section of the online application.
Deadline: The job posting will be open a minimum of ten days and, if needed, will remain open until finalists have been selected. NOTE: If you need assistance completing your application please contact our online Help Desk. The link to the help desk can be found at the top of the page via Contact Us.
Westfield State University provides equal access to employment opportunities for all applicants, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, marital status, age, disability or veteran status in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and policies.
To apply, visit https://westfield.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=143795&CNTRNO=12&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency