Senior Associate, ONeill Institute - Georgetown University Law Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.Requirements
The Senior Associate
will work on funded projects and/or academic research projects. Work includes the development of proposals and grant writing, scholarship and substantive project research. Generally:
- Collaborate with the O'Neill Institute's Project Directors, faculty members, and Associates to conduct short-term advanced research projects, including legal and policy research on relevant national and global health law (e.g. public health law, international health regulations, health and human rights, etc.).
- Limited supervision of Associates, Research Assistants (RAs) and student research on relevant topics. Projects will involve legal and policy writing and presentations, as well as participation in related conferences and events.
Current Georgetown Employees:
- Doctorate, JD or JD/MPH required.
- Minimum of 4-8 years of health law and/or health policy experience required, with some supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with both domestic and international health law topics.
- Academic and working knowledge of research topics related to health law.
- Ability to operate professionally and maturely in interactions with academic and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work well as part of a small team, including leading and supervising staff and student work in a professional manner.
- Strong academic credentials, including publications, are preferred.
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2912947
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency