Job no: 511684
Work type: Staff
Location: San José
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
Reporting to the Vice Provost Undergraduate Education and receiving work lead direction from the Lead Transfer Credit Technical Analyst and direction from the University Articulation Officer, the Transfer Credit Analyst supports San José State University’s commitment to increase online access to higher education for working adult learners, particularly focusing on providing students from historically underserved communities with opportunities to advance their education and obtain their degree. The Analyst is responsible for serving as the point of contact for SJSU Online Enrollment Counselors and for performing a variety of tasks related to determining the validity of transfer credits through review of articulation agreements, and programming rules in PeopleSoft to apply the transfer credit to student records. In this role, the incumbent must understand Title 5, CSU and SJSU academic advising, admission and graduation policies and procedures. Responsibilities include analysis of articulation updates for course-to-course, general education, American Institutions, advanced placement and transferability databases. Analysis includes accuracy and error reporting to guide improvement planning. The Analyst is knowledgeable about articulation, the articulation data sites, SJSU curriculum, requiring a broad understanding of general education and course-to-course articulation requirements.
- Research and report discrepancies and/or conflicts in ASSIST, TES, and SJSU’s articulation website to the Articulation Office
- Run and analyze queries as needed to ensure accuracy of written transfer rule updates and troubleshoot issues that may arise
- Participate in the development and ongoing maintenance of various databases
- Create and analyze complex spreadsheets for the online program transfer credit requests detailing articulation agreements for community colleges, the CSU, the UCs and other universities
- Work closely with Lead TC Analyst, Articulation Officer, E-Advising team, IT and Enrollment Services to research and gather data to resolve transfer credit discrepancies
- Communicate with stakeholders (online enrollment counselors, evaluators, advisors, and students) when discrepancies are identified
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Working knowledge of principles of university transfer credit practices
- Expertise in using Office software packages, technology and systems
- Ability to independently interpret and apply a variety of policies and procedures where specific guidelines may not exist
- Ability to assist other employees in technical and procedural activities
- Ability to express oneself, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, and to edit written material
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training
- Administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
- Experience with student advising or transcript evaluation
- Two years of administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist; Non - Exempt
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,800/month - $5,000/month
CSU Hiring Range: $3,288/month - $6,347/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: March 7, 2022 through March 22, 2022. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to [email protected].
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at [email protected].
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf. The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at [email protected].
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: March 07, 2022 (8:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled