DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology
Advanced Practice Provider (NP/PA) Inpatient Instructor - 1105
Position #00794775 – Requisition #25060
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.
• Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
• Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
• Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty, and staff of diverse backgrounds.The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a world-class medical destination at the forefront of transformative science, medicine, education and patient care. The campus encompasses the University of Colorado health professional schools, more than 60 centers and institutes, and two nationally ranked independent hospitals - UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital
and Children's Hospital Colorado
- that treat more than two million adult and pediatric patients each year. Innovative, interconnected and highly collaborative, the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus delivers life-changing treatments, patient care and professional training and conducts world-renowned research fueled by over $650 million in research grants. For more information, visit www.cuanschutz.edu
. The Division of Hematology, Blood Cancer and BMT Program
has an opening for a full-time Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
for our inpatient unit. The position will work at least 50%-night coverage, two to three weekends a month and share holiday shifts with other Advanced Practice Providers (APPs). This is subject to change dependent upon the needs of the organization.Examples of Work Performed:
Salary and Benefits:
- Manage the health care of a select group of patients in the Clinical Cancer Center.
- Perform a comprehensive health assessment, including health history, physical exams, preventive screening; identify medical health risks and needs.
- Formulate the appropriate differential diagnoses based on clinical evaluation.
- Perform, order and/or interpret diagnostic studies within the scope of practice and clinical area of practice at the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus.
- Perform advanced technical procedures within the scope of clinical practice.
- Plan and implement therapeutic regimens that include both nursing and medical management strategies, including prescription of medications/devices.
- Establish systematic follow-up for evaluation of the plan of care and reassess and modify the plan, as necessary, including initiation of referrals and consultation with physicians and other health care providers as appropriate.
- Assure patient and family teaching is adequate to manage the illness or wellness plan at home.
- Facilitate client participation and promote self-care by providing the information needed to make decisions and choices.
- Facilitate appropriate utilization of the medical system in a cost-effective manner without jeopardizing the quality of care and service. May be involved in the management of critical pathways and case management across the continuum of care as indicated.
- Participate as a team member in providing healthcare, interacting with professional colleagues to provide comprehensive care as a responsible professional.
- Maintain accurate, legible, and confidential records.
- Participate in active research protocols.
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $94,000 to $118,000. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
*Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Advanced Practice Nursing OR Physician Assistant Studies
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in Colorado and admitted as a nurse practitioner to the Advanced Practice Registry of the Colorado Board of Nursing OR Licensed as a Physician Assistant in Colorado
- Currently credentialed as an APN or PA via appropriate national certifying body.
- Eligible to be credentialed by the institutional processes established to provide oversight for advanced professional nurse practice
- Basic Life Saving (BLS) certification
- Experience as a Clinical Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
- Prior clinical experience in Hematology-Oncology or Stem Cell Transplant
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification or prepared to obtain ACLS certification within three months of start date.
- Acute Care NP certification or prepared to obtain Acute Care NP certification within two years of start date.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion
Mar 8, 2022Unposting Date: