Public Education Specialist (4168U) 32312
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
The California Institute for Quantitative Biosciences (QB3) is a cooperative effort between the state of California, private industry, venture capital, and the University of California campuses at Berkeley, San Francisco, and Santa Cruz. In order to stimulate discovery at the intersection of the physical and biological sciences, QB3 promotes multidisciplinary research at world-class facilities, creates innovative educational programs, and fosters industry partnerships. The Institute's more than 180 researchers decipher the complex systems involved in living systems and discover ground-breaking applications for that basic knowledge in the areas of health, energy, and the environment.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: March 21, 2022
Uses skills as a seasoned, experienced public educational program professional to resolve a wide range of educational program issues and needs assessments. Develops new public educational programs, and works on complex public educational programs in physical and biological sciences at college level for delivery online and hybrid applications. In consultation with department management but working with a high degree of independence, applies in-depth knowledge of UC Berkeley teaching in chemistry and course development skills as well as an in depth understanding of the materials required to produce an online introductory chemistry teaching package.
- Plans and develops new programs and curriculum, and adjusts existing courses and curriculum in a continuing education environment.
- Develop marketing plans for courses offered online and associated custom developed software and other marketable aspects of online courses in the department.
- Investigate and report on current offerings among competitive players in the distributed learning market place.
- Identify commercial products and/or manage development of custom online tools and software to produce outstanding examples of state of the art online educational experiences.
- Evaluates and adjusts course technology to reflect changes in course curriculum, student and faculty feedback, market response and evaluation results
- Evaluate courses for efficacy in learning outcomes, ease of use, consumer experience and other factors to insure excellence and competitive edge in the marketplace.
- Develop, prepare and oversee budgets for complex interdisciplinary projects that advance educational and revenue creation in the Department.
- Thorough knowledge of application and modern techniques in online education.
- Thorough knowledge of current public educational programs and trends.
- Thorough and effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Thorough skills to conduct needs assessment and development of new presentations / courses to meet organizational needs.
- Highly skilled and knowledgable in using available and emerging educational software systems.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training
- Thorough analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough knowledge of physical and biological sciences.
- Thorough knowledge of and skill in delivering programs.
- Knowledge of managing a portfolio of business and management courses at the university or corporate level.
- Continuing education in related field
Salary & Benefits
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Please upload the document in the Resume section, then skip the (optional) Cover Letter upload section.
- This is a part-time (50%) , career position.
- This position is eligible for full UC Benefits.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=32312&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency