The Application Developer’s key responsibilities are designing, developing, troubleshooting, and debugging software programs for enhancing the productivity of various teams within the university. This position may have the possibility of up to 2 days remote according to policy.
As an Application Developer you will:
- Provide support to the faculty and staff for the University’s purchased and internally developed applications
- Meet with users to gather user requirements and create functional and technical requirements documentation
- Be part of a team that supports internally developed applications including system integrations
- Independently create innovative, reusable code in support of the University’s applications
- Develop processes and applications to enhance university productivity.
- Participate and provide input to the project teams on complex development, maintenance, or customization projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field.
- 2 – 3 years of programming experience in C#, Java or .Net
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, accurate attention to details
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary to share technical knowledge and create self-help documentation for a wide range of constituents who have a wide range of technical expertise to assist clients in learning how best to use technology
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with business offices
- Experience in Higher Education
Applications & Resumes will be accepted until position is filled, however; to ensure full consideration, application materials should be received no later than close of business April 10, 2022.
The anticipated starting salary range for this position is $60,362 per the AFSCME CBA.
All applications for this position must be submitted via our online application/resume system ONLY. Please do not fax, mail, or e-mail any documentation.
Successful interview, reference checks, background clearances (PA Criminal, Child Abuse Clearance & FBI Clearance), and demonstration of ability are requisite qualifications for all positions.
The University is very interested in hiring employees who have had extensive experience with diverse populations.
Kutztown University is an AA/EOE/member of the PA State System of Higher Education and actively solicits applications from women and minority candidates.
Kutztown University does not discriminate in employment or educational opportunities on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. To discuss a complaint of discrimination, please contact the University's Title IX Coordinator located in the Office of Social Equity, Old Main A-Wing, Room 02, by phone at 610-683-4700 or by e-mail at [email protected] or the Office for Civil Rights located in the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Bldg., 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, by phone at 800-421-3481 (TDD: 800-877-8339), by fax at 202-453-6012, or by e-mail at [email protected].