Associate Director, Alumni Engagement Tracking Code830-280Job Description
Reporting to the Director of Alumni Engagement, the Associate Director supports the alumni office in its efforts to develop, maintain and enhance relationships between Stetson University and its graduates in order to build greater alumni engagement, fundraising opportunities and financial support for the institution. The Associate Director is responsible email, social media, and web marketing to alumni as well as cultivating affinity groups for the benefit of the University.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and organize affinity groups among Stetson University undergraduate alumni to create community, volunteer and engagement opportunities, and increase support and involvement from alumni.
- Collaborate with Annual Giving for the Stetson Alumni social media presence (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube) and build email campaigns in MailChimp to promote events and engagement opportunities, build community remotely, communicate University news, and reach more graduates. This will include collaborating with Annual Giving on giving campaigns.
- Work extensively with Graduates Of the Last Decade (GOLD) to create an advisory board, giving opportunities, and professional networking for the mutual benefit of the alumni and Stetson University.
- Responsible for creating, proofing, and distributing the monthly alumni e-newsletter.
- Benchmark and track email and social media campaigns to assess reach and outcomes.
- In partnership with the Administrative Secretary, provide timely follow up with programs/events by properly handling data, evaluations and post-program/event communications with constituents and proper Development/Alumni staff.
- At the discretion of the Director, support major alumni engagement events throughout the year, including Homecoming, Leadership Stetson, and Alumni Board meetings.
- Collaborate with Annual Giving staff to develop opportunities for fundraising through the use of videos, targeted ads, and graphic design materials.
- Work with Alumni Board members to organize and staff Regional events in their areas across the country, while providing leadership and event support.
- Collaborate with Career Development staff to create opportunities for alumni to come to campus for hiring, class speaking, internship and career fairs, and other initiatives that will help alumni and students connect in the career and professional space.
- Collaborate with the Director to create reunion programming for Homecoming, and with Annual Giving to create giving campaigns focused on reunion affinity.
ROUTINE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops strong, positive relationships within the University community
- Keeps current with best practices
- Monitors budgets
- Attends events, board meetings and other functions as needed
- Ability to lift and move items associated with event set-up, transporting and displaying materials
- Flexibility for a variable work schedule depending on program activities and events
- Travel and occasional weekend/evening work
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills, and organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as a team with a wide variety of university constituencies
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, and the expression of these values in building community
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, MailChimp, and Raiser’s Edge NXT
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least two years of volunteer management, event planning, and/or fundraising experience
Salary Grade: 4
Completed COVID-19 Vaccine status required
Job LocationDeLand, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular