Bard High School Early College NewarkFull-Time Faculty – English/American Literature Employer Website: http://apply.interfolio.com/103801About the Bard Early Colleges (BECs)
Through a tuition-free, credit-bearing college program in the liberal arts and sciences with robust supports, Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) schools help high school age students, particularly those at risk of not completing postsecondary education, access, afford, and complete college more prepared for the next steps in their academic or civic life, or in their careers. At BHSEC Newark, students have the opportunity to earn up to 60 college credits and an associate in arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College, concurrently with a high school diploma from the Newark Board of Education (NBOE).Position Description:
Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) Newark, a partnership between Bard College and the Newark Board of Education school district (NBOE) in Newark, NJ, invites applications for full-time faculty positions in English/American Literature. The position start date is September 2022. BHSEC seeks candidates with a specialization in literature of the Americas; expertise in African American, Caribbean, and/or Latino Literature is especially desirable. Experience teaching formal writing is also desirable. Candidates with the knowledge and ability to teach history of the Americas and/or American studies may be considered for dual appointments in English and History.Compensation:
The compensation for teaching these classes is based on the Newark Teachers Union salary scale found on this page: http://newark.nj.aft.org/sites/default/files/article_pdf_files/2019-09/salary_progressions_for_eboard.pdfLocation:
Bard High School Early College in Newark, NJStart Date:
September 2022 for the Fall 2022 semesterQualifications
- We are seeking educators passionate about their fields of study and committed to advancing equity through rigorous curricula made accessible to students with varied academic backgrounds
- The successful applicant for this position must be committed to teaching classes at both the high school and college levels
- In addition, the chosen candidate will be expected to participate fully in the life of the school, including student advising, club advising, and committee service
- Interest in working with high school age students who are completing a college-level course of study is desired.
- We are seeking candidates with a strong commitment to equity and social justice and desire to open up opportunities for underrepresented students
- Candidates must understand cultural difference and purposefully help to uplift ideas from underrepresented groups to improve the equity balance in education
- A commitment to reducing and an openness to learning about potential barriers to inclusion are needed
- Ph.D., high school teaching experience, and/or experience working with youth is desirable.
Please apply directly with Bard College / Bard Early Colleges. Do this by clicking on the “Apply Now” button found through the Interfolio job application link provided here http://apply.interfolio.com/103801
Use the Interfolio link provided to upload the following documents directly with Bard College:
- Letter of interest
- C.V. / resume
- Sample course syllabus
- Contact information for three references
Work authorization in the United States required for all BHSEC Newark faculty positions. Neither BHSEC Newark nor the NBOE will sponsor visas.
Review of applications to begin immediately.Questions
Inquiries may be directed via email to: Dr. Mini Jayaprakash, Dean of Studies at https://[email protected]