Berkeley LMS Administrator (7584U), People & Culture - 32151
At the University of California, Berkeley, we are committed to creating a community that fosters equity of experience and opportunity, and ensures that students, faculty, and staff of all backgrounds feel safe, welcome and included. Our culture of openness, freedom and belonging make it a special place for students, faculty and staff.
The University of California, Berkeley, is one of the world's leading institutions of higher education, distinguished by its combination of internationally recognized academic and research excellence; the transformative opportunity it provides to a large and diverse student body; its public mission and commitment to equity and social justice; and its roots in the California experience, animated by such values as innovation, questioning the status quo, and respect for the environment and nature. Since its founding in 1868, Berkeley has fueled a perpetual renaissance, generating unparalleled intellectual, economic and social value in California, the United States and the world.
We are looking for equity-minded applicants who represent the full diversity of California and who demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds present in our community. When you join the team at Berkeley, you can expect to be part of an inclusive, innovative and equity-focused community that approaches higher education as a matter of social justice that requires broad collaboration among faculty, staff, students and community partners. In deciding whether to apply for a position at Berkeley, you are strongly encouraged to consider whether your values align with our Guiding Values and Principles
, our Principles of Community
, and our Strategic Plan.
People & Culture is valued as UC Berkeley's proactive people partner focusing on the following key priority areas:
- One HR: Bringing clarity and efficiency to HR processes and structures through cross- team collaboration and transparent communication.
- People: Using development opportunities beyond training to create deeper engagement, higher trust and better performance.
- Culture: Applying Berkeley brand to developing a shared “enterprise contributor” mindset among all.
Berkeley People & Culture sits within the portfolio of the Vice Chancellor of Administration and is responsible for the human resource operation of the UC Berkeley campus. This role sits within the People & Organization Development team, led by the Campus's Chief Learning Officer.
Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: March 18, 2022
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes business and user needs, documenting requirements and revising existing system and process logic issues as necessary.
- Provides support and training on new applications.
- Guides and advises less-experienced Business Systems Analysts.
- Provides guidance and instruction to campus UC Learning Center stakeholders, communicating about any upcoming upgrades, system issues, new functionality, etc.
- May conduct User Groups for these purposes.
- Engages with BSA2 to support the Learning Management System
- Provides technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing complex systems and procedures.
- Creates complex specifications for systems to meet end-user requirements.
- Involved in developing complex user interface designs.
- Plans and executes unit integration and acceptance testing.
- Participates in cross-functional teams to address complex business or systems issues.
- Responds to campus requests for assistance with the UC Learning Center, using identified user support models.
- Completes testing in preparation for all UC Learning Center upgrades (3 per year)
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for approval of business process and procedural documentation.
- Recommends and implements changes in processes and procedures.
- Negotiates with stakeholders on the creation of specifications.
- Works collaboratively with and takes direction from the UC system-wide Learning Management System (LMS) team in support and maintenance of the UC Learning Center system.
- Guides the campus UC Learning Center user community through system changes and educates users on established processes and procedures
- Applies technical expertise and business analysis concepts to identify, evaluate and define complex systems scope and objectives with an understanding of applicable business practices, processes, systems and industry standards to meet end-user needs.
- Work with campus stakeholders, such as identity management, IT support, local administrators to resolve issues, provide guidance on functionality, etc. for the Learning Management System (UC Learning Center)
- Maintains the roles and permissions for users and manages requests for access.
- Define standards for reporting, data maintenance, activity management in the UC Learning Center for the campus user community
- Continuing Professional Development.
- Thorough knowledge of business and process analysis functions.
- Strong skills and knowledge of methodologies associated with analysis of processes and problems, information flow and architecture.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others from diverse backgrounds.
- Self-motivated and works independently and as part of a team.
- Able to learn effectively and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Broad knowledge relating to software design.
- Thorough knowledge of business processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated testing and test planning skills.
- Advanced experience in Excel.
- Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
- Interpersonal and communications skills to work with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Bachelor's degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training.
- Thorough knowledge of related areas of IT.
- In-depth understanding and skill in process and systems requirement documentation standards, such as Use Case modeling, User Story creations and narrative description.
- Experience using or supporting a Learning Management System
- Knowledge of or ability to learn common campus-specific and other computer application programs such as SumTotal, PeopleSoft HCM, Google Apps (Docs, Sheets. Forms, Slides), etc.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt, monthly paid position. Annual salary is commensurate with experience within the range of $69,200.00 - $83,333.00.
For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit:https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits/index.html
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying. Please upload the document in the Resume section, then skip the (optional) Cover Letter upload section.
This is a remote-friendly position, eligible for 100% remote capability.
Conviction History Background
This is a designated position requiring fingerprinting and a background check due to the nature of the job responsibilities. Berkeley does hire people with conviction histories and reviews information received in the context of the job responsibilities. The University reserves the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of the background check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For more information about your rights as an applicant see: https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf
For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see:http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct
To apply, visit https://careerspub.universityofcalifornia.edu/psp/ucb/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_APP_SCHJOB.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=32151&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency