Program Accountant, Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) - Georgetown University Medical Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.RequirementsProgram Accountant, Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI) - Georgetown University Medical Center
The mission of Georgetown University's Center for Global Health Practice and Impact (CGHPI)
is to support and empower key actors in countries to drive, build, and own sustainable healthcare systems. CGHPI works with partners to respond to today's health challenges and bring quality services to scale while maximizing resources and achieving the greatest possible impact. Particular focus is to support countries to achieve the end of devastating epidemics including HIV and to build effective and resilient systems to respond rapidly to emerging threats.
Under the supervision of the university Comptroller's Office and the center's Director of Finance, the Program Accountant
works closely with the Finance Manager, the finance staff based in CGHPI country offices, and other relevant Georgetown University partners, to ensure proper financial accounting in line with funder requirements and generally accepted accounting principles(GAAP)across CGHPI's diverse programmatic portfolio. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Review monthly field office expenditures and reconcile high volume of supporting documents to ensure they match financial entries
- Coordinate with GU corporate accounting (pre/post month-end close) to ensure that expenses are charged correctly to projects
- Clean up suspense accounts and prepare JEs
- Review and approve field bank reconciliations
- Ensure compliance with GU, USG, and other donor regulations.
- Assist field offices with their monthly wire projections
- Ensure that expenses and accruals are accurately monitored and tracked across CGHPI's country programs, shared with donors as required on a regular schedule, and posted to the university accounting system in a timely manner
- Support the preparation of audits and other financial reviews
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related major
- At least 5 years progressive experience in donor-funded accounting, auditing or project accounting
- Experience working with federal contracts, grants, or cooperative agreements
- Attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Excellent Excel skills
- Strong technical skills in accounting and financial management
- Familiarity with internal controls, compliance, and internal audit
Work Mode: Hybrid 3 Days.
- CDC or PEPFAR experience
- Experience working with international technical operations or in an international setting
- Experience with QuickBooks
Please note that work mode designations are regularly reviewed in order to meet the evolving needs of the University. Such review may necessitate a change to a position's mode of work designation - please visit Georgetown University's Work Mode Designation
for staff and AAP positions for details.Current Georgetown Employees:
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2902647
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency