Job no: 511687
Work type: Staff
Location: San José
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
Reporting to the Interim Associate Vice President of Alumni and Community Engagement, the Administrative Assistant to the Associate Vice President performs specialized work of high complexity and variety in nature and coordinates multiple projects with a high degree of anticipation and sensitivity to complex timelines and deadlines and provides support to the AVP and departments as a whole (Alumni and Community Engagement and Special Events). As a main point of contact, this position provides excellent customer service to visitors, faculty, students, alumni and staff by assisting them with their inquiries. This position is responsible for procurement processes, travel arrangements and assists the Budget and Program Analyst to confirm appropriate budgets by event and operational needs. This position participates in department and administrative assistant team meetings.
- Manages the daily operations of the Associate Vice President's Office and provides support to the Development Office
- Coordinates travel accommodations and reimbursements for the AVP and staff
- Orders office supplies
- Assists the Associate Vice President in preparing Power Point presentations
- Produces technically complex documents, including merging documents with a minimum of supervision and work direction
- Participates in departmental meetings as invited to represent the department views
- Follows project timelines, complex processes, and keep others informed of next steps
- Prepares progress reports; informs supervisor of project status; and deviation from goals. Ensures completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all operational functions
- Develops and implements guidelines to support the functions of the Development Office
- Attends CSU sponsored functions and provide support related to registration and attendance
- Assists the Budget and Program Analyst to plan and prepare annual and event budgets for Alumni and Community Engagement
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Capacity to handle multiple concurrent projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment
- High level of initiative, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to set own priorities, perform consistently, organize and plan work and projects
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of budgetary procedures
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training
- Administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs
- Experience in managing executive and/or staff calendars and schedules
- Experience in monitoring department budgets
- Experience with standard office software applications (MS Office, PeopleSoft, Adobe Acrobat, Google Docs and / or website management)
- Experience creating various departmental reports
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist; Non - Exempt
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,800/month - $5,000/month
CSU Hiring Range: $3,288/month - $6,347/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: March 4, 2022 through March 27, 2022. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to [email protected].
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act and Campus Housing Fire Safety Notification:
Pursuant to the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, the Annual Security Report (ASR) is also now available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Security-Report.pdf. The ASR contains the current security and safety-related policy statements, emergency preparedness and evacuation information, crime prevention and Sexual Assault prevention information, and information about drug and alcohol prevention programming. The ASR also contains statistics of Clery crimes for San José State University locations for the three most recent calendar years. A paper copy of the ASR is available upon request by contacting the Office of the Clery Director by phone at 408-924-1501 or by email at [email protected].
Pursuant to the Higher Education Opportunity Act, the Annual Fire Safety Report (AFSR) is also available for viewing at https://www.sjsu.edu/clery/docs/SJSU-Annual-Fire-Safety-Report.pdf. The purpose of this report is to disclose statistics for fires that occurred within SJSU on-campus housing facilities for the three most recent calendar years, and to distribute fire safety policies and procedures intended to promote safety on Campus. A paper copy of the AFSR is available upon request by contacting the Housing Office by phone at 408-795-5600 or by email at [email protected].
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: March 04, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled