DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusColorado Center for Personalized Medicine BiobankOfficial Title: Health Care ProfessionalWorking Title: Clinical/Research TesterPosition #00794747 – Requisition #25013
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2
Exemptions vary by campus location/department. Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The University of Colorado | Anschutz Medical Campus is seeking applications for a full-time, University Staff (non-classified) position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Jobs in this career family are responsible for performing a wide range of professional duties to support the university's teaching, research and/or service missions through the provision of health and wellness services, dealing with general, indirect patient care operations and management of healthcare services. Functions include hospital administration, healthcare regulatory compliance, patient relations, operational services, admissions, and medical records. Includes professional assignments in medicine, dentistry, nursing, pharmacy, counseling and behavioral health, public health, dietetics and nutrition, other allied health fields, alternative medicine and therapies, and related disciplines. Professionals at the intermediate level are responsible for exercising discretion, analytical skill, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas including academic, administrative, managerial and student services functions. Work involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field. At the intermediate level, duties may be more limited in scope and are performed with guidance and direction from other professionals.This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Examples of Work Performed:
This Healthcare Professional will be employed by the Colorado Center for Personalized Medicine at the University of Colorado Denver. The duties will include a variety of laboratory functions, including but not limited to the following:
- Laboratory procedures including analysis of clinical and research samples by molecular biology methods
- Genetic testing of human samples in a clinical laboratory environment
- Specimen management, including accessioning and sample tracking
- DNA extraction, quantification, and quality control assays
- Various molecular genetic and genomic assays including microarray, Sanger sequencing, genotyping, data analysis, assay result interpretation, and proper maintenance and management of laboratory records
- General laboratory duties to include reagent lot validation, inventory management, laboratory maintenance projects, quality control, and quality assurance activities
- Knowledge and ability to work in a CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act) Accredited laboratory as well as compliance with the CAP (College of American Pathologists) in all laboratory duties
- Maintaining compliance with HIPAA and other mandated OIT (Office of Information Technology) regulations
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority. Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $51,175 - $65,094.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in biological science, nutrition, nursing, health, human services, psychology, counseling, social work, or a directly related field from an accredited institution
- 1 year of professional level experience in a Clinical Laboratory setting.
- Training in biochemistry, Molecular Biology, and/or genetics with a theoretical understanding and experience in interpretation of molecular assay results
- Previous biobank or high-throughput laboratory experience a plus
- Experience with clinical SARS-CoV-2 or other infectious disease testing a plus
- Reliable, punctual, motivated, pays attention to details, diligence in data recording/documentation, strict adherence to established assay protocols and laboratory policies/procedures, and strong organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion
Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Job Category:
Health CarePrimary Location:
Apr 5, 2022Unposting Date: