CCI Peer Career AdviserDepartment:
Center for Careers and InternshipsLevel:
Level C (Specialist)Job Description:
The role of a Peer Career Advisor at CCI is two-fold. As part of your job, you will advise students one-on-one related to the internship and job search process, most often with documents such as resumes, cover letters, and interview preparation. Additionally, you will serve as a CCI brand ambassador, helping to share CCI programs and resources with your peers and positively contribute to the CCI brand.Posting Number:
- Serve as a the first line of advising during “Quick Questions” at CCI: demonstrate use of all resources (i.e. online job/internships database, Midd2Midd, etc.); make referrals to CCI advisors based on their areas of specialization for follow up meetings.
- Work with students to organize, draft, and revise cover letters required for job and internship applications. Teach the importance of creating a “story” that communicates what is unique about each individual in terms of the position requirements as well as the non-academic writing style that is appropriate in the workplace context.
- Instruct students in the strategies for creating an effective resume in terms of audience, content, format, accuracy, and impact. Review resume drafts and provide guidance on how to translate students’ experiences in and out of the classroom into a powerful self-marketing vehicle for internship and job applications.
- Create, market, and deliver peer-to-peer workshops.
- Provide and create outreach opportunities to further the engagement of Middlebury students in the Career Education process.
- Develop and sustain relationships with targeted student organizations to boost early student engagement with the career development process.
- Represent CCI at on-campus employer information sessions; attend or lead CCI outreach events when needed, including some nights and weekends.
- Actively support the Career Education programs and initiatives at the Center for Careers and Internships.
- Provide administrative support to Career Education programs as needed.
- The ideal candidate will demonstrate enthusiasm for the goal of engaging Middlebury students early in the process of career education and bring excellent interpersonal skills, writing ability, organizational talent, and the capacity to work independently to the position.
- Candidates must be available for early move-in to participate in mandatory training.
- Candidates must be rising Juniors or Seniors familiar with CCI resources and in good academic standing available to work 4-8 hours/week for at least two consecutive semesters are invited to apply.
Education and Training:
- Enthusiasm for the mission of career education
- Proven leadership ability
- Reliability and organizational know-how
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge of and successful experience using CCI resources
- Experience with marketing and promotion
- Availability for training before the start of fall classes
- Willingness to dress appropriately for professional office work
Middlebury, VT CampusIs this an academic year or summer position?:
Academic YearOpen Date:
03/03/2022Open Until Filled:
NoQuicklink for Posting: