A.T. Still University's School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (ATSU-SOMA) is seeking a non-exempt clerical Clinical Education Coordinator on the Mesa, Arizona campus. This position reports to the Clinical Education Department Manager.
This position is eligible to telecommute one day per week upon successful completion of probationary period.
General Job Purpose:
- Provides support to the ATSU-SOMA Clinical Education Department, Community Health Center (CHC) leadership and OMS III and OMS IV students by assisting the Assistant Dean of Clinical Education, Assessments and Outcomes.
- Assists all students with changes and maintenance of all clinical experiences and rotation assignments.
- Collaborates with the Clinical Education Department on all staff and University projects.
- Ensures all OMS III and OMS IV students secure, schedule and complete CORE, elective and selective clinical rotations as required by the ATSU-SOMA curriculum.
- Ensures all OMS III & OMS IV students accomplish all that is required to complete their Medical School training.
Major Job Duties:
- Continuously monitors and supports Community Health Center (CHC) leadership to ensure graduation requirements are met.
- Maintains accurate and organized rotation records for the students in a confidential manner, ensuring ethical and legal guidelines are maintained.
- Enters all rotations into the Rotation Management System to ensure student progress is tracked and evaluations can be generated and entered.
- Works with students, faculty, staff and CHC leadership to update changes in rotation schedule or find solutions to problems that arise.
- Receives student evaluations from preceptors and CHC leadership to enter into the Rotation Management System. Evaluations are essential to the student’s grade and must be received for every rotation.
- Interfaces with Dean and/or Associate Dean of Clinical Education concerning findings on Preceptor Student Evaluations.
- Provides prompt and accurate feedback to the Dean and Assistant Dean of Clinical Education regarding deficiencies in performance or professionalism.
- Communicates with CHC leadership, SOMA leadership, clerkship directors and Clinical Education Department (CED) as needed regarding changes or questions on a student’s schedule.
- Provides prompt and accurate feedback to administration regarding concerns with a rotation site or student evaluation of a preceptor (SER).
- Serves as a liaison between CHC leadership, SOMA leadership, preceptors, and students on a range of academic, administrative and/or personal issues as required.
- Manages external and international rotation applications.
- Manages and checks Clinician Nexus application program daily.
- Manages and checks Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS) program daily.
- Provides VSAS user access to students and CHC leadership.
- Regularly shares VSAS information and updates with students and CHC leadership.
- Assists students with completing VSAS rotation application requirements.
- Works with the Registrar Office on completion of rotation documents, submission of grades, and obtaining up-to-date transcripts.
- Uploads required rotation documents to VSAS, including Official Transcripts, Letters of Good Standing, Letters of Recommendation, evaluations, immunizations, and certifications.
- Verifies student information on VSAS and updates VSAS tracking sheet to keep track of expiring requirements.
- Reviews VSAS applications daily and decides if they can be released to the hosting institution.
- Upon receipt of a request for a Letter of Good Standing, verifies student’s immunizations and certifications are updated, then seeks approval from Assistant Dean of Clinical Education prior to generating letter and then provides to the requested party.
- Attends all meetings pertaining to the Clinical Education Department, SOMA Staff and CHC leadership.
- Tracks Out of Catchment Area (OCA) rotations, secures correct documentation and seeks approval of rotation from Assistant Dean of Clinical Education.
- Helps to monitor Evaluation email account.
- Helps to monitor VSAS Support and VSAS Letter of Recommendation email accounts.
- Tracks rotation fees on Payment Grid – submits student paperwork to Student Accounts.
- Confirms Affiliation Agreement status for each rotation and saves the contract on file for accreditation purposes.
- Offers coverage to team members while on vacation or sick leave.
- Assists with training of new employees.
- Other duties assigned.
- Two year college certificate or equivalent, or any combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities required for the position.
- Minimum of two years clerical office experience preferable working within an academic environment.
- Knowledge of basic office work, business functions e.g. preparation of correspondence (verbal & written), operation of basic office equipment, ability to following University and department protocol and policies.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite. Knowledge of Google Docs.
- Excellent Computer skills required to set up document formats in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Gmail, Google Docs and any other software program required by the position. Able to type at 45 words per minute.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Follows directions and works well under pressure.
- Ability to interact with administration, faculty, staff, student, and general public in a professional manner.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet necessary deadlines.
- Ability to manage detail-oriented assignment and be flexible with job assignments.
- Be able to be creative in thinking outside the box.
- Able to work in a team environment.
ATSU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverages, among more. If eligible, employee-elected benefits would begin the first of the month following hire date. For more information, please visit: atsu.edu/employment/benefits.