BUSINESS SUPPORT SPECIALIST II #00075072 Location:
Rolla Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Hiring Department Office of Sponsored Programs Application Deadline
Open Until Filled Full Time/Part Time
Full Time, Benefit Eligible Salary
$15.29 - $20.70/hourJob Description
Performs a variety of independent, specialized business support duties for the Office of Sponsored Programs. Executes, documents and reports on business and fiscal operations.
- Understands how the team integrates with others to accomplish team objectives
- Researches information, collects data, and prepares analyses/reports (e.g., data, budget, billing, purchasing), as assigned
- Completes routine tasks and assignments
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on practice and existing precedents or procedures
- Impacts the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of the team
- Explains information to and within the team, noting improvements, efficiencies, anomalies, etc. to manager/supervisor and/or appropriate team member
- Serves as a liaison inside and outside the team when resolving routine matters
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist existing pre-award staff with daily duties. Duties will be related to submitting proposals to external sponsors, entering proposal data in PeopleSoft, creating the PSRS, administering sponsored agreements, administering sub awards, etc.
- Communicate award information to Principal investigators and department chairs.
- Responsible for entering, updating and maintaining files in Perceptive Content.
An Associate’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 2 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
- Experience with PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office, Perceptive Content.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Organized, with strong time management.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to follow written directions.
- Proofreading/editing skills.
- Capable of independent research.
- Ability to maintain detailed and accurate documentation.
- Great customer service.
- Strong work ethic.
- Customer-service focus
- High degree of professionalism
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim’s educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: