Assistant Director, Retention and Graduation (Talent Development)Position Number:
PSA/NEA - Professional Staff AssocPay Grade Level:
12Pay Grade Range:
$59,775 - $90,879Status :
Calendar Year, Full-time, PermanentDepartment:
Special PgmforTalent DevelopmtContact(s):
Please note: Job applications must be submitted directly online only at: (https://jobs.uri.edu)Campus Location:
NoJob Description Summary:
APPLICATION DEADLINE: This is an open until filled search. First consideration will be given to applications received by March 16, 2022. Second consideration may be given to applications received by April 13, 2022. Applications received subsequent to the second consideration date (April 13, 2022) may not receive full consideration. Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for assisting the Director in the creation of a year-round strategy of proactive outreach to students that promote and advance the academic progress rate and timely degree completion of Talent Development students. Plan, manage, develop, coordinate, evaluate, and implement a comprehensive retention and graduation action plan for the Talent Development Program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:Required Qualifications:
Improve Talent Development’s current retention strategies. Continually assess the efficacy of these strategies and recommend necessary student retention program and procedural changes.
Collaborate across the university to identify Talent Development students in need of intervention at all points of their student experience.
Conduct outreach to identified Talent Development students and work with Talent Development team to identify and improve retention methods, including identification of core issues, triaging concerns when appropriate and connection to campus resources when necessary.
Collaborate with the leadership of Talent Development, and when needed the Division of Student Affairs, and others to create and mange a plan for proactive, timely, developmentally appropriate student-level intervention.
Engage Talent Development staff in the creation of an analytical, data-driven approach to increasing timely graduation rate of Talent Development students.
Implement academic initiatives to retention and completion of student learning and achievement.
Maintain accurate records of student intervention, generate regular activity reports, and provide information to university community as needed.
Identify trends and factors tied to degree progression and degree completion that can be used to develop strategies to enhance student retention and timely graduation.
Assist in writing, editing, and producing a variety of publications (hard copy, electronic format, etc.), for a diverse audience. Assist in managing the marketing and distribution of publications.
Provide academic advising on an individual and group basis for students in Talent Development.
Provide supervision to Academic Advisor, support staff and student staff.
Provide individual problem solving and support to Talent Development staff, students, and support staff.
Meet regularly with Talent Development Leadership, and as needed with Academic Affairs, Enrollment Management and Student Affairs leadership to coordinate retention initiatives and collaborative efforts necessary to ensure student success.
Remain current with national standards, benchmarks and best practices related to outcomes assessment and enhancement of student retention and completion success.
Participate as an active member on university committees.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work evenings and weekends, when necessary.
Perform all other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
LICENSES, TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT:
Personal computers, printers and word processing, database management and spreadsheet software.
REQUIRED: Preferred Qualifications:
1. Master’s degree.
2. Minimum of three years’ progressively responsible experience in higher education assisting underrepresented groups advance toward degree completion.
3. Demonstrated experience with initiatives related to student retention and graduation in higher education setting.
4. Demonstrated project management experience.
5. Demonstrated experience integrating technology into retention, completion and advising.
6. Demonstrated analytical and organizational skills.
7. Demonstrated presentation skills.
8. Demonstrated strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
9. Demonstrated proficiency in written communication skills.
10. Demonstrated ability to work with faculty, staff and administrators.
11. Demonstrated supervisory experience.
12. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
PREFERRED: Environmental Conditions:
1. Demonstrated understanding of enrollment/retention management services.
2. Demonstrated experience implementing data-based change.
3. Demonstrated experience developing training materials.
4. Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
5. Demonstrated fluency in Spanish or Southeast Asian languages.
6. Demonstrated collaborative work style.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.Posting Date:
03/02/2022Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach the following 3 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application:Quicklink for Posting:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#3) “Other Document-References” – the names and contact information of three professional references (pdf doc).