Digital Specialist -Dept Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Minimum Requirements Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or university in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field and 1-2 years of progressing experience and demonstrated abilities in project management, evaluating opportunities, planning promotion, establishing new campaigns, and evaluating outcomes.Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Ability to travelAnalytical abilityGoggle AnalyticsAU Expert DatabaseAU Brand GuidelinesAU Web GovernancePoppulo, DCM PoliciesCalendar (calendar.augusta.edu)Business software/computer skillsMailchimp (or equivalent software)Demonstrated creativity and innovationKnowledge of general office proceduresSocial Media Channels and Social Media ToolsProficiency with common social media platformsExperience in developing and managing a budgetProficiency with basic web editing/publishing tasksContent Management System (OU Campus and Wordpress)Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skillsAbility to organize and coordinate resources, projects, timelinesProficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databasesKnowledge and experience in planning and implementing marketing/communication campaignsPreferred Qualifications Prefer health-care and/or higher education experience.Job Summary The position's primary responsibilities are in supporting internal and external digital communications as an effort to promote positive public image and tell the departments story by producing deliverables in the following formats: written, video, social, media, audio and other. This position will interface with a wide array of constituents including faculty, staff, administrators, students, and the outside public. The person in this position is expected to be an effective communicator, and to maintain a strong focus on customer service. Communication will be in a variety of formats including in-person, email, telephone, and in other types of written or verbal correspondence. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acts as a point of contact for divisional projects and initiatives that include materials distributed through the web and/or social media with Communications and Marketing’s creative services group. Champions of Web Governance.
- Assists with production of printed materials. Manages and nurtures vender relations to achieve timely, cost-effective outcomes.
- Coordinates planning, development and implementation of assigned publications and promotions, including electronic communications and internal publications. Utilizes templates provided and/or endorsed by DCM to create electronic newsletters for internal and/or external audiences by aggregating content from a variety of sources. Utilizes tools provided and/or endorsed by DCM to electronically distribute newsletters (mail chimp, listservs, etc.)
- Maintains Financial Aid TV. Curates content for social channels to meet regular posting standards. Utilizes tools provided and/or endorsed by DCM to update content on social media (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Snaphat, etc.)
- Receives content from subject matter experts and disseminates via appropriate digital channels. Works with DCM to develop and review an inventory of the web pages the division is responsible for managing. Maintains the list of individuals responsible for content revisions if there are multiple web publishers.
- Creates and manages the schedule for how often each web “page” is reviewed for accuracy and relevancy by implementing the plan outlined in web governance.
- Serves as the division’s main web publisher. Utilizes tools provided and/or endorsed by DCM to update content on the web and conducts a regular review for broken links, misspellings, etc.
- Ensure proper usage and implementation of brand standards. Works collaboratively and appropriately communicates with sponsors and staff. Maintains departmental service standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Shift/Salary Shift: Days; Monday - Friday Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position. Recruitment Period: 3/4/22 - Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University. All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.