Part Time - Child Care Worker - FY 2022
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected]
or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.Job DescriptionPosition Summary
- Entry-level child care position, responsible for assisting teachers and child care supervisor with the duties as individual schedule and the program dictates.
- Maintain the health and safety of the children
Assist in the care and supervision of assigned group of children. Assist in maintaining a hazard free environment indoors and outdoors. Report maintenance and equipment needs and safety hazards immediately. Assist with emergency response as designated by supervisor; i.e. evacuation, shelter in place, lockdown, etc, per “Emergency Procedures” guidelines of the ECE Lab Program
- Assist in the implementation of a developmentally appropriate children's program that addresses all areas of development; content areas; environment and children's relationships
Show respect, consideration, warmth and affection to each child Assist with appropriate children's experiences under general supervision Assist with the setup, maintenance and cleanup of classroom and surrounding areas on a daily and seasonal basis.
- Exhibit positive interactions with children, colleagues, families, CSN students, CSN faculty, volunteers, and representatives of outside agencies.
Maintain friendly and respectful communications and relationships with all employees, families, CSN students, and CSN faculty member. Avoid gossip at all times. Communicate frequently with immediate supervisor and appropriate staff members to facilitate ease of program operation and resolve workplace conflicts. Refer to family concerns and questions to appropriate staff member; i.e. lead teacher, director, child care supervisor. Maintain confidentiality regarding employees, children, families, CSN students, and CSN faculty at all times.
- Exhibit professional conduct and skilled contribution in the workplace.
Maintain a professional attitude and loyalty to the program at all times. Demonstrate proficiency in performance of job assignments. Demonstrate efficiency in use of time allotted for completion of job assignments. Attend and participate in scheduled monthly staff meetings, training and special events. Assume responsibility for maintaining licensing and accreditation requirements.
- Classroom Teacher / Program Supervisor
- At least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma/GED
- Ability to meet state licensing requirements (Proof of Negative TB, North Las Vegas or Metro Work Card, required training per State of Nevada Child Care Licensing) Persons offered employment in this position will be required to pay for these items.
Have the physical ability to
- CDA and/or ECE Credits
- ECE experience
- lift and carry a child weighing up to 40 pounds for a short distance
- to be mobile as necessary with young children, get up and down from position that is at a child's eye level, and have the agility to move quickly in response to an emergency situation
- sit or stand for long periods of time
- perform all activities with children, i.e. jump, dance, walk, run etc.
- be outdoors for prolonged periods of time (depending on the weather and group assignment)
- supervise and guide children by sight, sound and communicative means in response to child, family and professional peer needs
- Maintain consistent and reliable attendance
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
- Resume - List a detailed description of the major duties that you performed as part of each job. You must demonstrate that you qualify for the position and your education and experience must be clearly documented.
- Cover letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts (optional) - If you have not graduated, please attach your transcripts to receive education credit for classes you have taken. Credit is given for classes relevant to the job posting.
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.Posting Close Date
06/30/2022Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---North-Las-Vegas-Campus/Part-Time---Child-Care-Worker---FY-2022_R0129407
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency