Job no: 511312
Work type: Staff
Location: San José
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Probationary, Part Time, Information Systems & Technology
*This is a part-time (FTE 0.75) benefited position.*
The Customer Service Specialist performs duties under direct supervision to coordinate and maintain SJSU campus support; Responds to service desk inquiries and analyzes reported problems, resolving many of the basic issues and logging service desk tickets to technical and functional staff to resolve those requiring more expertise; and provides customer service support to faculty, staff and students through the coordination of operations, customer and technical service.
- Assist Senior Staff in providing customer login support information to SJSU students, faculty and staff.
- Assist in monitoring data and appropriately troubleshooting customer service issues.
- Collaborate with Service Desk team to route issues appropriately for fastest resolution.
- Assist with scheduling training rooms as needed and responding to customer questions regarding services.
- Provide assistance to ensure customers can access data regarding SJSU and solve minor processing issues.
- Assist with analyzing, resolving, and routing helpdesk phone calls and emails.
- Provide general directory assistance, route calls and provide in-person assistance to customers.
- Determine appropriate category for resolution, log, route and track trouble tickets using the iTicketing system.
- Follow-up on open and overdue service desk tickets.
- Monitor common problems and work with Senior Staff to determine if additional documentation is needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to troubleshoot basic help desk inquiries
- Ability to write and speak clearly using proper grammar
- Ability to work as a member of a team and collaborate and support projects
- Ability to effectively establish and maintain cooperative working relationships within a diverse multicultural environment
- Ability to learn new systems
- Basic knowledge of software applications: word processing, spreadsheet, database management
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities
- Ability to communicate clearly to a diverse group of customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, educational technology, communications, or related fields, or similar certified coursework in applicable fields of study Input required qualifications
- Experience providing customer service support
- Experience in a University or college environment
Classification: Information Technology Consultant - Foundation
CSU Hiring Range: $3,470/month - $6,681/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: March 1, 2022 through March 15, 2022 This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Selected candidate will be required to work weekends. Schedule to be determined.
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to [email protected].
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Advertised: March 01, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled