Req ID:req11128Position Title:Adjunct - Linux InstructorPosition Type:Adjunct/Temporary FacultyOSU Campus:Information Systems & TechnologiesDepartment:Information Systems & TechnologiesLocation Address:
900 N. Portland Ave
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107
United States Hiring Supervisor and Contact Info:Diana BiswellHiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding):650.00 - 650.00, Salary Work Schedule:Monday – Friday, occasionally includes some evenings and weekends. Job Summary:Job Summary:
To develop in each student theskills of critical thinking and to help students learn Linux presentedto them in order for that student to become a positive member of the community.
Essential Job Functions:
Maintain student and course records.
Maintain and file current course outlines, objectives and grading procedures for all courses.
Exhibit innovative and adaptive instructional methods.
Provide continuing education experiences for the community.
Completes all mandatory training.
Perform other related duties as assigned. The duties listed in this jobdescription are intended only as illustrations of the various types of workthat may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does notexclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logicalassignment to the position
Special Instructions to ApplicantsResume and cover letter are required for full consideration.Official transcripts will be required upon hire.Education & Experience
Associate or Bachelor Degree and licensure/certification in discipline required (technical program/non-transfer classes)Master’s Degree in discipline or related area or Master’s Degree with 18 hours in discipline required (transfer classes)
CompTIA Linux plus and/or at least 5 years as systemadministrator in Linux.
Must have educational qualifications to teach in subject area or have documented specialty education/experience to meet tested experience requirements, as per the Higher Learning Commission’s publication on Determining Qualified Faculty, and provide leadership in an academic discipline and/or degree program.Programs with discipline-specific external accreditation may have more stringent training and experience requirements.
Skills, Knowledge,Abilities Required:
- Teaching Competence – Must be able to create lesson plans, content, presentations, ancillary materials, and assignments to effectively transform information to knowledge for students; have the ability to assess student learning and progress.
- Communication skills – Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with clear, grammatically correct English. Requires interaction with supervisors, colleagues, students, using tact, discretion, and independent judgment.
- Computer skills – Must be demonstrably proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel), as well as e-mail and Internet.
- Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU-OKC and OSU brand with positivity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated history of ethical and professional behavior.
PreferredQualifications: Other Performance Measures:
Ph.D. in related field
Successful performance of the jobrequires creativity, initiative, and effective problem solving. An incumbent must use tact anddiplomacy. Following school dressstandards, proper attendance or leave policies, and other work-habits concernsare required.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends in an often times busy and noisy environment.
Work will be performed in an office and classroom environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone, via email, and various communication platforms.
- Duties require extended periods of sitting, talking and listening.
- Duties require extensive use of computers, telephone and other office equipment.
- Requires possible lifting of up to 25 lbs. (If an object weights more than 45 lbs., OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift).
The work environment and physical demands described hereare representative of those required by an employee to perform the essentialfunctions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
#ZR Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.