- Partners with students for their success in learning and development to improve awareness and participation in healthy activities.
- Fosters an inclusive and welcoming environment.
- Provides visionary leadership to ensure comprehensive programming.
- Furthers a culture of assessment, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- To learn more about this role, follow the link for additional information.
- Contributes on senior leadership teams to formulate strategic planning and the highest-level operational objectives for recreational sports.
- Establishes long-term business plans and long-term strategic objectives.
- Directs leadership staff who provide supervision to recreational sports.
- Responsible for escalated operational issues, including human resources and/or people management situations.
- Drives innovation and excellence within the area of recreational sports; reviews and creates policies and procedures.
- Determines overall budget for recreational sports; reviews and approves financial proposals from direct reporting leaders; has significant fiscal responsibilities that require frequent interaction with executive leaders.
- Provides expertise and identifies grant and/or funding opportunities; develops business relationships across the university and externally.
- Stays up-to-date on new recreational sports standards and works collaboratively with other university leaders across departments and/or campuses in determining standards, best practices, and related policies/procedures; ensures the adoption and implementation by direct reporting leaders.
- Master's degree in Exercise Science, Recreation, Sports Management or a related field.
- Master's degree in Exercise Science, Recreation, Sports Management, Business Administration, Higher Education, Public Health, Recreational Administration, or a related field.
- 5 years of related experience with structured recreational programming.
- 3 years of management experience.
- 10 years of related experience with structured recreational programming and leadership.
- 5 years of management experience.
Combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
- CPR/AED within 180 days of hire.
- Standard First Aid within 180 days of hire.
- Preventing Disease Transmission/Universal Precautions within 180 days of hire.
- Proficient communication skills.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills.
- Effectively coaches and delivers constructive feedback.
- Instills commitment to organizational goals.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills.
- Effective conflict management skills.
- Builds and manages effective teams.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Ability to represent the company with external constituents.
- Ability to drive multiple projects to successful completion.
Working Conditions / Demands
This position requires both sedentary work and long durations of movement about the workspace. It requires the ability to move and transport objects and equipment weighing up to 25 pounds. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential tasks with or without an accommodation.
Must work some nights and weekends.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.
Applications should be sent to:: https://hrms.indiana.edu/psp/PH1PRD_PUB/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=1&JobOpeningId=298996&PostingSeq=1