University of La Verne
Information Technology Client Services Technician
Job Description Summary:
Works with campus constituents to address and remedy desktop technology and related peripheral issues, specializing in workstations systems and IOS devices.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic Engagement. If you're passionate about these values, join us at the University of La Verne!
- Install, test, troubleshoot, and provide repair PC computer and maintenance support specializing in PC computers, peripheral devices (printers, scanners, etc.), and Smart Technologies for entire campus.
- Perform software configuration, installation, and maintenance for main campus computers. This includes classrooms and labs (especially Macintosh), virtual operating systems, patch management, virtual servers, emulation programs, and software unique to each lab and/or course(s) taught per discipline.
- Diagnose, install, configure, and program various technologies used in an office, classroom or lab environment (e.g. deep freeze, Sophos Anti-Virus, Asset Management software and host intrusion detection and prevention software or similar).
- Analyze computer systems and devices for possible viruses and malware, removing infections and repairing system to full operation.
- Assist in the configuration of cell phones and other mobile devices for faculty and staff for email, calendar, and other required software/applications.
- Evaluate new technologies including software, hardware and peripherals for integration/acceptance into the campus community and make proposals including products recommended, testing, and installation schedules.
- Supervise, mentor and train student assistants so they may perform routine computer software and hardware installations, and troubleshooting tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Microsoft operating system familiarity
- 2 years experience in PC/Macintosh troubleshooting and repair
- 2 years experience in Printer maintenance
- 2 years experience in Computer peripheral configuration and maintenance
- Knowledge in Operating systems, including OS and IOS Network connectivity OSI layers 1-3
- General knowledge of classroom technologies
- Network familiarity
- Microsoft certification
- Cisco TelePresence Systems
- Webex Boards
La Verne Central Campus
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education, and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs, its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S. Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university fulfills a critical community function in educating students from underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a or sexual orientation
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency