Phlebotomy Technician Instructor - Part Time
Find your wings at KSU!
Are you ready to join a community leading in innovative teaching and learning? Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. With our growing enrollment and global reach, we are enjoying increased prominence among Georgia's colleges. We offer more than 150 undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees to over 43,000 students. Our entrepreneurial spirit, high-impact research, and Division I athletics also draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Our university's vibrant culture, diversity, career opportunities, and rich benefits make us an employer of choice. We are searching for talented people to join our mission. Come to KSU and find your passion. Job Summary
Provide quality and technically relevant instruction in Phlebotomy Technician best practices. Responsibilities
1. Provide quality and technically relevant instruction of course curriculum
2. Provide continual feedback and various methods of assessment measurement by ensuring student mastery of the following learning outcomes:
- Describe effective infection control in the healthcare setting
- Define structure of the cardiovascular system, to include associated medical terms, disorders, and diagnostic tests
- Obtain non-blood specimens competently
- Demonstrate common blood collection procedures
3. Assess and record grading for all homework assignments, quizzes, and tests
4. Participate in marketing of courses to prospective students by providing technical information regarding course content during biannual Open House events
5. Assist with course/program evaluation and continuous improvement and resolve quiz disputes when necessary
6. Record attendance in learning management systemDEPARTMENT SPECIFIC TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Motivate students to actively participate in all aspects of the educational process
2. Review syllabus and learning outcomes the first night of class
3. Provide sufficient time for students to complete course evaluations
4. Do not release class early
5. Do not leave class unattended
6. Respond to student inquiries
7. Keep Program Manager informed of any curriculum or student code of conduct issues
8. Be familiar with all emergency procedures posted in the classroom
9. Maintain acceptable program quality and satisfaction scoresRequired Qualifications MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher educationMINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Five (5) years in a medical setting as an RN or BSNMINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW AND/OR INSTITUTION:
Current, valid and unrestricted RN license in Georgia or another state. If licensed in another state, must be able to obtain state of Georgia license within one (1) year of employment Preferred Qualifications
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Must hold expert knowledge in medical lab procedures, phlebotomy, human anatomy, infection control, research, & medical terminology
- Must be comfortable with teaching in classroom and on a distance learning platform
- Certified Bloodborne Pathogens Instructor a plus
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician preferred
- Teaching experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Expert knowledge in medical lab procedures, cardiology, & medical terminology.
- Must be comfortable with teaching in classroom and on a distance learning platform.
- Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415Other Information
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance. Background Check
Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=220128&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency