Adjunct - Business InstructorJob Category:
SCHOOL OF BUSINESSJob Description Summary:
Provides instruction for freshman and sophomore level business related courses in one or more of the following areas: Small Business Management, Principles of Management, Business Communications, Human Resource Management, Marketing, Advertising, and/or Professionalism.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach courses consisting of three to four hours of lecture per week
- Work comfortably with a diverse student population, including dual-enrolled high school students, traditional college students, and nontraditional college students
- Utilize a variety of student engagement strategies in the classroom to ensure active student participation
- Be accessible to students
- Grade assignments and respond to student inquiries timely
- Provide timely feedback to students’ questions and concerns
- Able to use computer technology including presentation software and the course management platform (Moodle)
- Work cooperatively with course-lead and other faculty
- Become familiar with rules, regulations, administrative practices, guidelines, and policies of the College
- Carry out the above duties in a professional and courteous manner as to bring only credit and goodwill towards the institution
- The duties listed in this job description are not all-inclusive, but a list of the major responsibilities. Additional duties not noted in the job description may be assigned by a supervisor.
- A minimum of 18 graduate credit hours in the subject area (business administration, management, human resource management, marketing, etc.)
- Master’s degree or higher in a business-related field (MBA, management, finance, human resource management, marketing, etc.)
- Teaching experience
All applicants must demonstrate the ability to promote active and collaborative learning through a variety of teaching methods, as well as relate to students. Excellent organization and communication skills as well as the demonstrated use of instructional technology are required.Physical Requirements:
Must be able to complete the following with or without a reasonable accommodation:Close Date:
1. The physical activity of this position.A. Crouching. Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.B. Reaching. Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.C. Standing. Particularly for sustained periods of time.D. Walking. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.E. Fingering. Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling.F. Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.G. Hearing. Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
2. The physical requirements of this position.Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
3. The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
4. The conditions the employee will be subject to in this position.The employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.