: Adjunct FacultySubscribe:
: Emergency Medical Studies DepartmentLocations:
: Boston, MAPosted:
: Feb 24, 2022Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part-timeRef. No.:
: ADJPosition ID:
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Living in Boston
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America. Twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offer more than 600,000 residents the opportunity to taste, touch, and experience things from all over the world. Neighbors benefit from exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, and a solid network of parks, community centers, and libraries. For more information about Boston go to: http://www.cityofboston.gov/residents.
Adjunct Faculty Instructor in the Emergency Medical Studies Department. Responsible forteaching of courses in Paramedic Studies as a Lead Instructor
- In collaboration with the Program Director, assess and revise the paramedic curriculum to stay current and in compliance with accrediting standards and regulations.
- Teach courses in the Paramedic Studies Certificate Program, on campus and/or online.
- Participate in the gathering data and documentation for report submission of required reports to OEMS, NREMT, and/or CoAEMPS; Participate in writing and submission of reports.
- Evaluate student performance in the classroom, laboratory, and/or hybrid/online setting using outcomes-based assessments.
- Utilize a variety of appropriate teaching strategies to promote students' critical thinking skills.
- Develop instructional material consistent with course objectives.
- In collaboration with the Program Director, participate in determining appropriate goals and objectives of paramedic courses and assist in developing course standards.
- Use new technologies in the classroom to supplement instruction.
- Maintain expertise in area of teaching responsibility.
- Practice safety in the EMT/Paramedic labs at all times.
- Comply with all duties as stipulated in the Massachusetts Community College Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an EMT/Paramedic.
- Associate degree required; Bachelor's degree' preferred.
- College-level teaching or relevant experience as a paramedic required.
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- Valid American Heart Association Basic Life Support/Health Care Provider certification.
- Valid American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification.
- Valid American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification.
- Online teaching experience strongly preferred
Salary: $1,291.00 per credit hour
Review Date: open until filled
?Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as noted above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience has prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE