Job no: 499149
Work type: Auxiliary, Research Fellows
Categories: Excluded, Temporary, Full Time, Research
About The University Corporation
The University Corporation is a non-profit auxiliary corporation providing commercial and administrative services to California State University, Northridge. Our mission is to provide services and solutions that address the needs of California State University, Northridge; to support the academic, research and creative endeavors of its students, faculty and staff; and to enhance the quality of campus life.
Under general supervision, the postdoctoral researcher will conduct research to identify novel topological states of matter that arise due to symmetries and corresponding physical properties. This will involve carrying out ab initio electronic structure calculations, developing mathematical models, analyzing/interpreting data, and dissemination of results through peer publications and presentations. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Candidates are required to have a PhD degree in Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated skills in ab initio electronic structure of topological states of matter; symmetry-based models; tight-binding methods; Wannier function methods; k.p methods, ab initio calculations of transport properties; higher order topological insulators, symmetry-based topological semimetals.
- Must be familiar with condensed matter physics.
- Strong research record with publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Ability to mentor students in research
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- THE SELECTED CANDIDATE IS REQUIRED TO PASS A THOROUGH DEPARTMENT BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION.
- Per CSUN/TUC Mandate, candidate will be required to show proof of COVID 19 vaccination including booster.
How to Apply
Please complete the on-line application/resume upload submission process in order to be considered for any open position within the university and its auxiliaries. The hiring department will contact the best qualified candidates and invite them to participate in the interview process.
Application Screening begins February 22, 2022 and will continue until position is filled.
In order to be considered in the initial review, applications must be submitted prior to the date listed above.
Application submissions received after the application screening date will be reviewed at the discretion of the University.
For more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please view the link below:
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Applicants who wish to request an accommodation for a disability may contact the Office of Equity and Diversity at (818) 677-2077
Advertised: Jun 15, 2021 (9:00 AM) Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled