Job no: 508019
Work type: Management (MPP)
Categories: MPP, Administrative, At-Will, Full Time
At CSUN we aspire to continually grow as an inclusive, cooperative community!
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. As a leader you will have the opportunity to thrive in a community in which our leaders share common traits as identified in our Leadership Principles https://www.csun.edu/leadership-principles. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place.
Under the general direction of the Senior Director of Institutional Research (IR), the Associate Director of IR supervises all IR systems development projects and related personnel. Primary duties include design and maintenance of the IR data warehouse of student and academic data elements and coordinating reporting to CSU Chancellor's Office.
As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university’s vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
- Manages data extraction for complex data and reporting projects and coordinates with other offices/divisions on campus to ensure consistency of data.
- Responsible for reports and projects involving HR, faculty, and/or facilities data for Academic Affairs.
- Supervises staff who: maintain and support IR data warehouse, manage IR servers, coordinate reporting to the CSU Chancellor's Office, and support other complex data and reporting projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
'NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/34Qsl7g
- Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor's degree in a job-related field. Master’s degree in a related field such as computer science, information technology, or data science is preferred.
- Equivalent to five years of progressively responsible professional/administrative experience, preferably in an Office of Institutional Research or Institutional Effectiveness; with 2 of the five years in a managerial role in the field.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
- Effective leadership and personnel management skills, including strong interpersonal skills.
- Advanced knowledge and skills in applications programming and systems analysis and related programming support.
- Advanced knowledge of reporting tools (e.g., Hyperion, Cognos), Oracle DB, and ETL tools.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to effectively prioritize workload to meet deadlines and work objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high quality/standards of work, initiative, problem solving, commitment, and professional judgement; ability to analyze situations accurately and develop an effective course of action.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment.
- Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
- Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Experience working in an Office of Institutional Research or Institutional Effectiveness.
- Experience with the CSU system.
- Familiarity with PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, Informatica, Tableau Server, and AWS.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $110,000 - $120,000, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- This position is a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position is required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- Applications received through March 11, 2022, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. To learn more visit our Matadors Forward site: https://www.csun.edu/matadors-forward/faculty-and-staff-fall-guidelines
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Advertised: Feb 22, 2022 (9:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled