Job no: 494102
Position Type: Part-Time
Location: Elgin, IL
Experience Level: Mid-Level
Categories: Adjunct Faculty
Role: Human Services Adjunct Faculty
As a result of the Covid-19 Delta Variant, the Governor of the State of Illinois has issued Executive Order 2021-20 (Covid-19 Executive Order No. 87), to include mandatory COVID vaccines or submission to weekly testing for higher education faculty, personnel, and college students, as well as issuing an indoor mask mandate for all. By choosing to apply, I acknowledge and understand that upon employment, Elgin Community College (ECC) may require proof of vaccination or weekly testing as required by this mandate.
Elgin Community College serves over 9,000 students at every stage of their educational journeys, including university transfer programs, career and technical education, continuing education classes, and adult basic education. As a community, we pride ourselves on nurturing a welcoming campus where every person—students, staff members, faculty members, and campus visitors—feels valued. The work of each ECC employee is central to the college’s mission, and as an employer, the college fosters a positive environment through professional challenges, excellent benefits, and opportunities for recognition and camaraderie.
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the department.
Rate of Pay:
Per Contact Hour
2022: Less than Master's = $947; Master's or above = $983
Adjunct teaching faculty provide instruction aligned with the college's strategic goals and evaluate students' progress to facilitate achievement of their educational goals.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Masters Degree in a Human Services with at least 18 graduate credit hours in Human Services.
• Five years of clinical experience in recovery support, substance use, mental health, and co-occurring disorders (mental health and substance use) services.
• Certification through the Illinois Certification Board (aka IAODAPCA)
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Certification as a Certified Recovery Support Specialist (CRSS), or a Certified Peer Recovery Support Specialist (CPRS), or qualified to apply
- In person and online teaching experience.
- Supervisory experience.
1. Conduct assigned classes and/or labs
2. Prepare lessons
3. Provide course syllabus (which shall include grading standards, attendance policies, classroom behavioral expectations, course outline and contact information)
4. Verify student enrollment and submit grade sheets
Evaluate Student Progress
1. Keep accurate record of student performance
2. Provide students with timely feedback
Provide Student Assistance
1. Refer students to student support services
2. Accommodate special needs students
Other duties as assigned that pertain to the job description
Sedentary (up to 10 lbs occasionally, sitting most of the time)
Close visual acuity (e.g. computer, assembly)
Typical office or administrative
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
Elgin Community College does not discriminate, or tolerate discrimination, against any member of its community on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender/gender identity, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law in matters of admissions, employment, or in any aspect of the educational programs or activities it offers.
In addition, Elgin Community College provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities to ensure equal access and equal opportunities with regard to employment practices, educational opportunities, and programs and services. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please notify the College’s EEO/AA Officer. Determinations on request for a reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
Advertised: February 22, 2022 Central Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled