Vice President, Campaign Operations
Essential Job Duties
Jacksonville University seeks a Vice President of Campaign Operations.
This position will partner with top university leaders, including the President, Provost, Senior Vice President for Strategic Operations, Deans, and campaign counsel as well as the senior leaders of University Advancement to provide strategic planning and implementation of the University’s multi-million-dollar capital campaign.
The Vice President of Campaign Operations serves as the principal planner of key fundraising strategies related to campaign goals and partners with University and Advancement leadership on strategic design, implementation, and fundraising for the campaign.
This position will focus on principal gifts and work together with the University President and Senior Vice President of Strategic Operations to develop and solicit an increasingly refined and well-researched pool of transformational gift prospects for the campaign.
The Vice President of Campaign Operations will work with the Senior Vice President of Strategic Operations and Associate Vice President of University Advancement to lead campaign planning meetings between Advancement and university leadership, Board of Trustees and Campaign volunteers.
This position provides leadership to assure that campaign communications and cultivation event activity plans are met during each phase of the campaign.
In conjunction with the Associate Vice President of University Advancement, this position leads efforts to advance the work of Jacksonville University’s gift officers as they cultivate and solicit principal and major gifts.
Partnering with Marketing & Communications and the Senior Director of University Advancement, this position oversees the implementation strategy for the Campaign brand.
The Vice President of Campaign Operations will manage the campaign budget, and work alongside the Senior Director of Advancement Services and others to develop campaign reports. This position will also ensure the accuracy of campaign results and fundraising reports.
This position will develop and implement strategies with fundraisers, marketing, donor relations, prospect research, and engagement teams as needed for the benefit of the campaign.
- Ability to construct, articulate and implement an annual strategic development plan for a department
- Expertise in developing solicitation strategies
- Knowledge of the Jacksonville and Florida philanthropic communities;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Excellent critical thinking skills;
- Excellent oral communications skills;
- Ability to use discretionary judgment; and excellent computer skills
- Work is primarily indoors, but requires the incumbent to be in an outdoor environment when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus.
- Standard office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Attendance at evening and weekend events is required for special events
- Off-campus travel is required; occasionally, position may require travel beyond the Jacksonville metropolitan area.
- Incumbent will be exposed to frequent noise cause by telephones and office machines
- Must be able to lift and carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 20 pounds
- Must be able to bend, stoop, and reach
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and other business machines
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for PositionMinimum Education Requirement
- Bachelor’s Degree, advanced degree preferred.
Minimum Work Experience
- Seven to ten years of fundraising experience most of which in a higher education setting
- Ability to successfully balance and manage multiple tasks in an active, fast-paced environment
- Strong familiarity with fundraising and relationship management software, preferably Raiser’s Edge
- Excellent oral, written, computer, and fiscal management skills
- Professional experience in higher education advancement strongly preferred
- Knowledge of the Jacksonville philanthropic community strongly preferred
- Master’s degree preferred
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Covid Vaccination Information: Faculty and StaffAll Jacksonville University employees who work at any JU facility must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
For more information regarding the JU vaccination policy, please click the link below.JU Vaccination Policy
To apply, please submit a JU application, resume, cover letter, & list of references to Mary Anne Jolly at [email protected].