Assistant Director, Coordinator of Nursing Programs Palm Coast
Brooks Rehabllitation College of Healthcare Sciences (BRCBS)/ Keigwin School of Nursing (KSON)
The position of Assistant Director and Coordinator of Jacksonville University Nursing Programs in Palm Coast is a 12 month full-time tenure track faculty leadership position appointed by the Associate Dean of the Keigwin School of Nursing. Responsibilities include oversight for the day to day operations of the Jacksonville University Palm Coast nursing programs to include: course scheduling and faculty assignments, hiring and supervise evaluation of clinical adjunct faculty, oversight for students’ progression, compilation of metrics/analytics for student completion, attrition, employment, and graduation rates, and completion of program assessment outcomes. Strategic planning towards thoughtful growth of the Palm Coast programs with emphasis on quality is an expectation. KSON support for enhancing community partnerships are important components of the role.
Essential Job Duties
- Support the Associate Dean of Nursing and the Nursing Program Directors on general nursing education policy and program enhancements
- Identifies avenues for growth in concentrations including potential new concentrations.
- Collaborate with the Associate Dean of Nursing and the Nursing Program Directors to manage and monitor withdrawal and failure rates for each track. Analyze metrics related to but not limited to:
- Applications, Enrollment, Attrition, Diversity, Graduation rates, Employment and Budget
- Responsible for gathering and submitting data necessary to compete for national rankings
- Complete annual evaluations for supervised administrators or staff
- Nurse Recruiter/Clinical liaison
- Administrative Assistant
- Coordinate with faculty, staff, and colleagues within KSON and BRCHS on initiatives or projects
- Recruit, Retain, and Evaluate Adjunct Faculty
- Engaged in Teaching activities
- Ensure systematic program assessment (goals, objectives, outcomes, results, and action plans) are documented and analyzed related to university, college and nursing’s strategic goals.
- Completes an end of year report for the Nursing Directors and Associate Dean for Nursing.
- With the Associate Dean of Nursing and the Nursing Program Directors, ensure all required documents and assessments are updated for CCNE reaccreditations.
- Provide input on annual faculty evaluations
- Work with Marketing and Communications to maintain updated web material and creation of social media
- Advocate and promote student involvement in DolphiNurse alumni organization
- Oversee admission process and student selections for each cohort
- Development of annual strategic plan for future program offerings
- Conducts orientation and exit interviews for Palm Coast Nursing Programs.
- Other duties as deemed necessary
- Highly organized with attention to detail
- Able to clearly prioritize workload according to volume, urgency, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexible and good problem solver
- Dedicated to service and a strong university presence
- Primarily indoors except when traveling between campus buildings or being off-campus
- Some off-campus travel required
- Work is performed under minimum supervision and requires incumbent to exercise independence and discretion
- Occasional evening and week-end hours
- Manual dexterity to efficiently operate a computer keyboard and scientific equipment
- Near vision sufficient to read written communications and computer display screens
- Adequate hearing to communicate effectively in person and by phone
Prerequisites Required for PositionMinimum Education Requirement
- Doctorate in Nursing (PhD or DNP)
- Current Florida Nursing License
Minimum Work Experience
- Minimum 2 years previous administrative/leadership experience, preferably in the academic setting
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required for this position. The University reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs.
Covid Vaccination Information: Faculty and StaffAll Jacksonville University employees who work at any JU facility must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
For more information regarding the JU vaccination policy, please click the link below.JU Vaccination Policy
Interested applicants should submit letter of interest emphasizing experience and potential, a curriculum vitae, JU employment application, three letters of reference, via electronic email: