Job Number: 501673About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Categories: Hospitality - Grande Oaks Golf Course
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Private Event Director - 994719Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
ExemptHiring Range: Pay Basis:
AnnuallySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Promotes the Club social event facilities to all members.
2. Helps guests arrange banquets, luncheons, meetings, weddings, dances and other social events: obtains pertinent information needed for guest planning.
3. Provides guest tours and offers suggestions in efforts to sell the merits of the Club's facilities for specific occasions.
4. Works with the Chef to determine selling prices for catered events; oversees the development of contracts, menus and BEO's.
5. Transmits necessary information to and conducts event planning with production, serving and housekeeping staffs; arranges for printing menu and procuring of decorations, security and entertainment.
6. Helps develop catering sales budget; reviews financial reports and takes corrective actions as appropriate.
7. Maintains past and potential client files; schedules calls / visits to access on-going needs of prospective clients for catering services; handles client complaints.
8. Works closely with all other Club departments to ensure that complete, concise information goes to both Club members and the staff who will be working directly with each social event.
9. Creates menus and packages for special events held at the Club.
10. Creates account number for each event then post charges and payments in POS Manager.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested by supervisors/managers.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Must be friendly and personable.
2. Intermediate knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; data entry skills; Internet research abilities.
3. Data entry and typing skills.
4. Must have good customer service skills.
5. Must be able to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
6. Must be creative in selecting theme for parties and events.
7. Must be able to walk, stand, sit, stoop or bend for duration of shift [at least (8) hours].Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
Minimum four (4) years of catering experience.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Bachelor's degree.
2. Private club catering.Is this a safety sensitive position?
Yes Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Feb 23, 2022 Eastern Standard Time