The USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center (NCCC) is one of the largest units on the USC campus with nearly 280 faculty members and over $80M in research funding. According to U.S. News & World Report’s 2020-2021 Best Hospitals rankings, NCCC and Keck Medicine of USC is the highest-ranked cancer provider in Southern California and #18 nationally.
Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center (NCCC) is seeking an experienced grants and contracts professional to fill the role of Associate Research Administrator. Under the direction of the NCCC Senior Research Administrator, this position will support the daily Cancer Center’s contracts and grants research activity and other financial needs. The core job duties are:
- Participates with principal investigator in the preparation of the administrative components of proposals within parameters of sponsored and non-sponsored research guidelines.
- Develops, prepares, and finalizes project budgets.
- Serves as primary liaison and active partner between principal investigators, Office of Sponsored Research, research groups, and other departments.
- Collaborates with Office of Sponsored Research to ensure awards are set up properly and costsharing requirements are fulfilled.
- Reviews and approves expenditures.
- Develops and communicates reports supporting project status.
- Participates in contract closeout process.
- Understands, applies, and advises on University and government policies for projects.
- Serves as a resource on subject area and overall technical resource to principal investigator and other University staff.
- Participates in and contributes to process improvements.
- Participates as a mentor and provides cross-training, as necessary.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION pertinent to this specific position:
- Cover Letter required
- Resume required
- Exceptional organizational skills to meet and manage deadlines
- A willingness to learn
7.5 hour days / 37.5 hour work week
Salary commensurate with experience
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree. Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum educationMinimum Experience: 3 yearsMinimum Field of Expertise: Basic knowledge of governmental regulations. Strong accounting skills. Competency in project management. A Bachelor’s Degree with broad knowledge of relevant research computer software, e.g.: Microsoft Access, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Outlook, SPSS, Visio, and SunGard. Experience in creating and analyzing statistical reports. Must be able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records and generate reports. Proven oral and written communication skills to interact with other employees.