Job no: 510958
Work type: Staff
Location: San Francisco
Categories: Unit 9 - CSUEU - Technical Support Services, Administrative, Probationary, Full Time
SF State University
San Francisco State is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
Applicants may visit titleix.sfsu.edu for more information on SF State's policy prohibiting discrimination, and how to file an online report using the procedures under Executive Order 1096 Revised. Inquiries can be directed to the campus Title IX Coordinator and Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Administrator by calling (415) 338-2032 or emailing [email protected]
San Francisco State is a 100% Smoke/Vapor-Free Campus. Smoking or Vaping of any tobacco/plant-based substance is not permitted on any University properties.
The person holding this position may be considered a "mandated reporter" under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
This position may be a "designated position" in the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. The successful candidate accepting this position may be required to file Conflict of Interest forms subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission.
College of Extended Learning (CEL)
This is a one-year probationary position.
Full-Time (FTE 1.0)
Monday through Friday; from 8:00am to 5:00pm
Anticipated Hiring Range
$4,167 to $4,900 per month ($50,004 to $58,800 annually)
Salary is commensurate with experience.
With work assignments provided by the Program Lead, the Program Coordinator will manage daily administrative tasks associated with CEL programs. The Program Coordinator will be responsible for building classes in re levant software systems; scheduling and other related details to offering classes on-sit e; answering general inquiries from students and prospective students; working through enrollment issues with Enrollment Services; communicating with instructors; and processing certificates. The Program Coordinator will address student issues and concerns and bring issues to the attention of the Program Lead as needed. The Program Coordinator will provide enrollment reports and assist with enrollment documentation needed for budget purposes as requested by the Program Lead. The Program Coordinator will provide program information and updates as requested to review the program progress. Upon occasion, the Program Coordinator may be asked to perform other administrative duties as needed within CEL Programs. The Program Coordinator must exercise judgment in answering student inquiries and resolving student issues. The Program Coordinator should be able to recognize problems and suggest possible solutions. Suggest changes and improvements to web content and marketing documents as needed. Provide basic analytical analysis when requested. Reconcile invoices using accurate methods, and knowledgeably present important information for action to Program Lead. The Program Coordinator will also be responsible for creating purchase requisitions, reconciling enrollments with invoices, and providing a summary of information to the Program Lead.
Programs coordination, administration and operational support
- Setup courses in relevant software systems
- Enter faculty data into in relevant software systems
- Schedule classrooms and all details associated with offering classes
- Create purchase requisition, reconcile invoices, and prepare of invoices for review and payment
- Maintain accurate students records in relevant software systems, including tracking of program progress and completion
- Assist faculty and staff with administrative and operational needs.
- Assist with any program related events.
- Compile information and data to support new program development
- Answer current student and prospective student questions
- Resolve student issues
- Communicate issues to partners and provide reports to the Program Lead
- Communicate with college staff, campus community, external clients/partners and public
- Communicate with faculty
Programs Budget Operations
- Reconcile enrollments, monitor budgets and other budgetary documents for review
- Generate enrollment statistics and reports for budgeting
Other duties as assigned
Requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or program field with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Working knowledge of general practices, program, and/or administrative specialty. Basic knowledge of and ability to apply fundamental concepts. Working knowledge of budget policies and procedures. Working knowledge of general practices, program, and/or administrative specialty.
- Ability to learn, interpret, and apply a wide variety of policies and procedures relating to and impacting the applicable program, organizational unit, and/or administrative specialty.
- Knowledge of basic methods and procedures for research and statistical analysis and the ability to apply them.
- Ability to analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistical techniques.
- Ability to organize and plan work and projects including handling multiple priorities .
- Ability to make independent decisions and exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to compile, write, and present reports related to program or administrative specialty.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships within and outside the work group and serve as a liaison for the organizational unit.
- Three years of experience in an educational environment.
- Two to four years of experience in managing administrative details in an office environment.
- Minimum two years of experience handling administrative details in a responsible role.
- Experience in building and scheduling educational classes in Campus Solutions (CS).
- Demonstrated skills with Microsoft Office including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Flexibility, creativity, the desire to learn and grow educational business.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Experience in participating in cross-functional teams or committees to achieve organization-wide priorities.
This position requires the successful completion of a background check.
Eligibility to Work
Applicants must be able to provide proof of US Citizenship or authorization to work in the United States, within three business days from their date of hire.
Threaded through our Total Compensation package is a commitment to Bridging Life's Transitions. SF State is committed to providing our employees with a comprehensive program that rewards efforts that are appreciated by your colleagues, students and the customers we serve.
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, 401k, Healthcare Savings Account, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Vacation and Sick Leave as well as State Holidays and a dynamic Fee Waiver program, all geared towards the University's commitment to attract, motivate and retain our employee.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement.
CSUEU Position (For CSUEU Positions Only)
Eligible and qualified on-campus applicants, currently in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 are given hiring preference.
SF STATE IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS).
Thank you for your interest in employment with California State University (CSU). CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California. Because of this, CSU prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California with very limited exception. While this position may be eligible for occasional telework, all work is expected to be performed in the state of California, and this position is assigned to on-campus operations.
The Human Resources office is open Mondays through Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872.
Please note that this position, position requirements, application deadline and/or any other component of this position is subject to change or cancellation at any time.
Advertised: February 21, 2022 (8:00 AM) Pacific Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled