Job Code and Payroll Title
004171 AMBUL CARE ADMSTN SUPV 2 Job Summary
Under the supervision of the Manager of the Referral Centers, works with Administrative and Clinical leadership across Adult and Cancer Ambulatory Services to create, manage and continuously improve Referral Center protocols, workflows and infrastructure, and assist with launching new programming for the Adult and Cancer
Services Referral Center. Routinely collaborates with Manager on special projects that contribute to the
improvement of department operations, the patient experience, and staff and provider engagement. Excellent analytical skills, collaboration with administrative and physician stakeholders and implementation of customer
service standards are essential in this job.
Provides direct supervision of 10 -15 referral coordinators; providing daily management, supervision, direction, and coordination for referral center services. The Supervisor of the Adult and Cancer Services Referral Center will be responsible for the effective coordination of Referral Services for over 25 Adult and Cancer Specialty Clinics.
Monitors overall department performance for quality assurance purposes and ensure that performance benchmarks are being met. Recommend and facilitate onboarding, training, coaching, and educational programs and efforts to
enhance referral coordinators knowledge and development. The Supervisor adheres to and exemplifies the House
and Telephone Standards of the Medical Center.
Works with Adult and Cancer Steering Committees, Practice Mangers and Directors, as appropriate, in establishing
policies and procedures in the provision of services. Meets with Manager and practice leadership regularly (a
minimum of quarterly or bi-annually depending on practice) to review metrics, discuss updates to protocols, address
issues, communicate changes in practice or the center and make suggestions for improving workflow. Continuously
works with Administrative Director and Manager of the Referral Centers to grow Referral Center offerings and the
roll out of services to additional Ambulatory practices as guided by organizational goals and priorities.
The Supervisor is administratively responsible for providing efficient, personalized services to customers who
include external referring physicians, physician offices and patients. Services include the supervision of or providing
for record review, patient registration, referral creation, scheduling appointments, enabling provider consultations,
and providing patient information such as location, transportation and hotel accommodations, etc. The Supervisor
must effectively communicate with a diverse population of referring providers, patients and referring entities.
Additionally, the Supervisor is the key liaison with external and internal referral provider offices to ensure effective
communication about their patient’s progress to our specialties. Also, meets and coordinates with internal adult and
cancer specialties to ensure that specific practice protocols are followed, managed and updated on SharePoint and
other department based technology systems.Organization
Administrative SupervisorEmployee Class
8 Hours Shift
99 - Policy-Covered (No Bargaining Unit) Job Category
Professional and ManagerialRequired Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in related area and / or equivalent combination of experience / training.
- Minimum one year relevant work experience.
- Prior supervisory experience
- Demonstrated supervisory and organizational skills to effectively supervise staff and to manage the complex workflow and multiple priorities involved with clinic / center administration.
- Strong knowledge of practice operations, patient-scheduling systems, medical and insurance terminology, applicable information systems, patient service standards, and regulatory requirement and best practices.
- Strong knowledge of human resources management policies, with the ability to train, monitor,
- evaluate, and document human resources issues and performance, and to participate in decision-making on human resources matters.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, with the ability to quickly analyze problems, determine appropriate level of intervention, and develop and apply effective solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills for effective collaborations with all levels of management and staff, consultants, and outside agencies.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to train and mentor subordinates, to convey complex administrative, clinical, and technical information in a clear and concise manner, and to prepare and present a variety of reports, documentation, analyses, and project proposals.
- Strong knowledge of business software and specialized applications and data management systems used in clinic / center operations.
- EPIC Knowledge
- 1-2 years of experience in a supervisory role
Full TimeDepartment Name
UCSF Contact CenterEqual Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.About UCSF
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.Pride Values
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.Location