Job no: 494257
Work type: Staff Full-time
Categories: Academic & Student Services
The Study Abroad Evaluator is responsible for processing study abroad credit associated with the Butler-IFSA (Institute for Study Abroad) program, as well as all Butler University study abroad and exchange programs. This includes enrolling, evaluating, and posting credits and grades. Additionally, this position provides enrollment support for the domestic New York (NY) and Washington D.C. (DC) programs to include processing of study agreements to ensure appropriate tuition billing for these programs. This position is housed in the office of Registration and Records and reports to the Assistant Registrar.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with a wide range of university offices to ensure appropriate enrollment of Butler students who are studying abroad. This includes all study abroad programs such as Independent Exchange, Faculty Led, GALA, ALCALA, and Summer Abroad.
- Evaluate and post study abroad credits and grades to the Butler transcript.
- Process the participants list from Butler-IFSA and post study abroad credits and grades to the Butler transcript which includes running queries and system processes to facilitate the creation of student participant records for IFSA students and to ensure the efficient processing of loading course and grade information into the student information system.
- Participate in system regression testing (approximately four to six times a year) of the student information system as updates are applied by the vendor (Oracle/PeopleSoft).
- Efficiently and effectively respond to general inquiries from students, alumni, staff, and third parties while complying with FERPA regulations.
- Assist with the major processes and events in Registration and Records, such as Commencement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven skills in working with records in a student information system, preferably PeopleSoft
- Proven competence with typical office software, especially important to have experience manipulating spreadsheets
- Demonstrated understanding of FERPA regulations
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong customer service background
- Commitment to a collegial and collaborative work environment
Bachelor’s degree or some college course experience.
1-2 years experience working with student records in a higher education environment.
- Direct service office located in central administrative/classroom building.
- Regular contact and collaborations with colleagues (faculty and staff) throughout the university.
- Reflects dynamics of academic calendar, with slower summer months balanced by periods of high volume and peak staff activity surrounding course scheduling, enrollment, grading, certification, and graduation.
Advertised: February 21, 2022
Applications close: Open until filled