Digital and Interactive Media Adjunct Tracking Code1697-666Job Description
Digital and Interactive Media AdjunctDepartment:
School of Photography and Media Studies
Applicants should have a strong professional record and possess knowledge of a wide variety of interdisciplinary art-making strategies centering on or intersecting with web, video, sound, interactive media, or other hybrid and emerging art forms.
Candidates must possess a thorough understanding of the history, contemporary practice, and theory of digital media and their relationship with other media; have significant expertise in digital technologies; and have a thorough understanding of emergent, adaptive, and social media technologies. The successful candidate must also demonstrate knowledge of software pertinent to the Digital Media field, including but not limited to Adobe CC, DaVinci Resolve, Ableton Live and MAX. Effective writing, communication and organizational abilities are essential. Candidates must be well prepared to work with a diverse student body.
Minimum Qualifications: A Master’s degree in Graphic Design, Digital Media, Video, Commercial Art or a Master's degree in a related discipline with 18 graduate semester hours in the discipline. College-level lecture and studio course teaching experience, preferred.
- Teach courses in accordance with college and departmental policies and procedures.
- Prepare and submit timely grade reports for student performance.
- Organize class activities and assignments, relating them to the overall learning outcomes of the course.
- Facilitate a quality learning experience, live, or simulated, for the assigned student group.
- Communicate consistently with lead course faculty and staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in digital video production and post-production
- Experience in sound production and post-production
- Experience in Graphic Design
- Experience in UI/UX design and interactive media
- Evidence of excellence in teaching
- Broad knowledge of time-based digital strategies common in contemporary art and design
- Experience with curriculum building and/or program development
- Experience and evidence of excellence in teaching at multiple levels
- Demonstrated commitment to an interdisciplinary approach to teaching and personal practice
- Demonstrated commitment to community engagement
- Broad knowledge and experience with DaVinci Resolve, Adobe CC, Ableton Live, MAX, or other similar software
- An understanding of contemporary theoretical and historical concepts in art and design, and the ability to encourage critical thinking and problem solving.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others is highly desirable
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Complete application files will be accepted on a continuous basis and remain active for one year.
Note: All Adjunct positions are part-time, temporary assignments (for no more than one semester at a time) dependent upon student enrollment and the instructional needs of the College.
In order to be considered, applicants must submit an online application. You may scroll to bottom of this page to select the appropriate apply button. A completed online application consists of: an electronic job application, current vita/resume, and unofficial transcripts.
Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
Foreign transcripts must include an official transcript evaluation which interprets equivalency to U.S. graduate credits. Any candidate hired must supply official transcripts within 30 days of employment.
Criminal background checks and fingerprinting are required.
For more information, please contact us at telephone 386.506.4505 or visit our website at http://www.DaytonaState.edu
Daytona State College prohibits discrimination and assures equal opportunity in employment and education services to all individuals without regard to age, ancestry, belief, color, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, and veteran status. For more details, read our policy at this site http://www.daytonastate.edu/hr/equalaccess.html or contact: Lonnie Thompson, Director of Equity and Inclusion 386-506-3973 or 1200 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach.
Daytona State College, Human Resources Department, 1200 W. International Speedway Boulevard, Daytona Beach FL 32114
Job LocationDaytona Beach, Florida, United StatesPosition TypePart-Time