- High school education required. College Degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain, or Related Field Preferred.
- 5 or more years of experience in purchasing or supply chain team disciplines with a preference for medical industry experience.
- Previous management or supervisory experience or demonstrated ability to take on progressive responsibility.
- Strong knowledge of purchasing daily tasks and buyer skills;
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to:
- Outline daily and weekly tasks to the buyer team
- Escalate issues to supply chain management, department managers, and vendors
- Work with other departments such as warehouse, operations, and accounts payable teams directly
- Project management, organizational, and task prioritization skills
- Working knowledge of relevant industry trends and issues;
- Working knowledge of human resources concepts;
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills both in one-on-one and group situations
Fire and Safety Certification. If no card upon hire, one must be obtained within 30 days of hire, and maintained by renewal before expiration date (Required within LA City only).
The Buyer Supervisor will be responsible for organizing and leading the day-to-day operational and tactical efforts of the Buyer team. This team is responsible for managing the procurement duties across the health system. This supervisor position will interact directly with the buyers to help coordinate efforts on urgent items and trouble shoot issues. They will also complete or delegate open requests from department leaders inside and outside of the supply chain. The Supervisor will need to demonstrate the ability to perform multiple projects, meet deadlines, and communicate effectively with Vendors, Department Manager and Directors, and their buyer team. In this role they will develop and provide daily leadership of the tactical Buyer team with scope across all procurement in the organization.