Since 1897, the Ostrow School of Dentistry has shaped talented students into outstanding dentists and dental hygienists. Our challenging clinical education and our expert faculty members provide future oral health professionals with the skills they need in order to become the best.
Dentists and dental hygienists are consistently viewed as some of the most trusted and respected professionals who serve the public, and our graduates are part of the reason. Ostrow not only educates excellent clinicians but also produces professionals who earn their patients’ trust with unyielding commitment to exemplary ethical standards. Our graduates also earn the respect of their colleagues, taking active leadership roles in the organized dentistry community from local to international levels.
We, at the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC, are all committed to maintaining an environment of excellence and eminence, and this commitment shines through in all that we do.
USC Dental Public Health and Community Outreach is looking for a Project Specialist - Administrative to join its team! This person provides specialized professional support services to administrators and/or project managers in the administration of research and/or administrative projects. Assists in the administration and coordination of a variety of research and/or administrative projects including planning, budgeting, organizing, research and delivery of services. Coordinates and supervises work assignments of other administrative personnel as assigned.
- Assists in the administration and coordination of a variety of research and/or administrative projects and provides quality control. Assists in developing and implementing project goals and strategies. Assists with short and long term planning and design of project direction and objectives. Provides assistance to management with administrative functions such as planning, organizing, coordinating, scheduling and implementing project activities to meet objectives. Participates in writing of reports or other documentation of project status and/or administrative activities or project results. Oversees administrative project personnel as assigned.
- Assists in the planning of data collection. Recommends methods and procedures for data acquisition, management and quality control. Recommends statistical techniques for data analysis as needed. Generates graphs, charts, or tables to present analysis results and provides interpretation. Prepares reports, correspondence, other materials and analysis according to project schedules or on an ad hoc basis, or instructs others to do so.
- Creates status reports on project plans, progress and results of activities. Coordinates publication production and/or dissemination in order to meet deadlines.
- Researches, gathers, organizes and summarizes data for project and/or administrative reports and/or activities. Analyzes data, presents results and makes recommendations on presentations of project and/or administrative reports.
- Conducts quality assurance reviews of assigned projects. Instructs project personnel on quality assurance procedures and answers questions regarding data collection, management and analysis methods. Monitors problem areas and submits regular reports with recommendations. Takes necessary steps to address issues and resolve problems.
- Assists in developing and updating department policies and procedures and/or project procedures and coordinating implementation. Communicates and/or documents. Develops forms, flow charts and system requirements.
- Interfaces with faculty and/or staff and external contacts necessary to complete project assignments or for information exchange. Resolves problems or questions referred by project staff or administrators.
- Provides leadership, guidance and supervision to staff, student workers, volunteers and/or graduate assistants. Leads others in the planning and delivery of project activities. Trains project or administrative personnel and assesses proficiency or readiness of trainees.
- Develops and maintains electronic databases and/or other records for reporting purposes. Enters and/or verifies database transactions as necessary. Provides technical support and design enhancements.
- Arranges and attends meetings, seminars, symposia and other events related to project efforts. Makes presentations, as needed. Establishes and maintains an active network of professional contacts.
Preferred Education: Master's Degree
Preferred Experience: 3 Years
Supervises: May lead employees performing similar work on a project basis. May oversee student, temporary and/or casual workers.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum educationMinimum Experience: 2 yearsMinimum Field of Expertise: Directly related project or administrative experience.