Since 1897, the Ostrow School of Dentistry has shaped talented students into outstanding dentists and dental hygienists. Our challenging clinical education and our expert faculty members provide future oral health professionals with the skills they need in order to become the best.
Dentists and dental hygienists are consistently viewed as some of the most trusted and respected professionals who serve the public, and our graduates are part of the reason. Ostrow not only educates excellent clinicians but also produces professionals who earn their patients’ trust with unyielding commitment to exemplary ethical standards. Our graduates also earn the respect of their colleagues, taking active leadership roles in the organized dentistry community from local to international levels.
We, at the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC, are all committed to maintaining an environment of excellence and eminence, and this commitment shines through in all that we do.
Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC, Enterprise Applications is looking for a Systems Training and Documentation Specialist to join its team! This person prepares or maintains systems, programming and operations documentation, procedures and methods including user and reference manuals; provides or coordinates special documentation services as required.
- Develops user-oriented documentation and reference manuals and other types of materials used for information distribution, training, operational or procedural purposes.
- Maintains a current internal documentation library.
- Tracks and records changes in software packages. Provides or updates user manuals to ensure currency.
- Documents internal departmental policies and procedures relating to the use of automated systems.
- Provides or coordinates special documentation services, as required.
- Trains users.
- Stays informed of new developments and technologies.
- Troubleshoot application issues, work with end users, other team members and vendors as needed to find the best solution in a timely manner.
- Ensure thorough training, documentation and communication is performed in advance of any major system changes moved into the Production system.
Preferred Qualifications: Demonstrated interpersonal, critical thinking and communication skills.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's degree
Preferred Experience: 3 years. Previous working experience in a healthcare or educational environment.
Preferred Field of Expertise: Prefer directly related experience in documentaion/technical writing.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum educationMinimum Experience: 2 yearsMinimum Field of Expertise: Relevant experience in documentation/technical writing.