USC's KSOM Stem Cell Biology and Regenerative Medicine is seeking a Research Lab Technician II to join Dr. Unmesh Jadhav’s lab in the Jadhav laboratory at the Eli and Edythe Broad CIRM Center.
If you are a motivated scientist with a bachelor’s degree in Molecular biology, Biochemistry, or related fields in Biology, with desire to engage in innovative and collaborative biomedical research, please consider applying for this position! You will be part of a friendly and dynamic team of scientists that tackles fundamental problems in biology with a combination of cutting-edge wet-lab and computational approaches.
You will work on maintaining and conducting experiments with a mouse colony, maintaining basic laboratory operations, and conducting molecular biology, histology, and genetics experiments, with postdoctoral researchers and graduate students studying exciting aspects of intestinal development, regeneration, and tumorigenesis. In addition, you can learn and conduct cutting edge computational data analysis if you are interested.
There is ample opportunity to engage with and learn latest experimental and bioinformatic approaches such as next-generation sequencing, single-cell analysis, organoid biology, and disease modeling in mouse, by being part of diverse teams of scientists. You will also have an opportunity and guidance to independently plan and develop experimental and computational projects. Individuals who would like to grow as a scientist with a few years of research experience before applying to graduate or medical school, are encouraged to apply.
Preferred Education and Required Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology, Genetics or related fields in biology
- Candidates with mouse handling, genotyping, and colony management experience will be given preference.
- Prior biology laboratory research experience of one year or more is highly desirable – this may include: Molecular biology techniques, qPCR, gel electrophoresis, histology and staining, microscopy, cell culture, cell sorting.
Basic duties will include:
- As part of the project team, you will maintain breeding, genotyping, and caring for mouse colony. This includes mouse handling, maintaining clear records, conducting experiments involving disease models, and working with mouse tissue. Training on any of these aspects will be available from the team members or USC animal facility sources.
- Laboratory management includes maintaining lab supplies, organization.
- After preliminary training period, once you engage in active research projects with teams of PostDocs and/or graduate students, you will be responsible for conducting experiments, analysis, and maintaining accurate and complete records of methods, results.
Attention to detail, organizational and communication skills, and ability to work in a team environment is essential.
Minimum Education: Associate's degree, Specialized/technical training, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum educationMinimum Experience: 2 yearsMinimum Field of Expertise: Working knowledge of laboratory equipment and research protocols. Knowledge of computer analysis techniques and ability to provide routine analysis and interpretation of research data.