Job Code and Payroll Title
006507 NURSE SVC MGR 1 Job Summary
Involved in ensuring optimal patient outcomes through effective leadership and / or provision of patient care delivery in the Birth Center at UCSF Mission Bay. Promotes environment for a shared voice in nursing practice and exchange of ideas to continually improve nursing and patient care outcomes. Accountable for the quality, safety, and cost-effectiveness of patient care. Consults and collaborates with other health care professionals to coordinate the management of patient care. Serves as a resource to staff, physicians, students and others. Organization
Assistant Unit Director - Birth Center - 10K Sign On BonusEmployee Class
10 Hours Shift
NightsAdditional Shift Details
Monday - Friday, 10 hour shiftsBargaining Unit
99 - Policy-Covered (No Bargaining Unit) Job Category
Nursing - Management/Administration, Other NursingRequired Qualifications
Eligibility for Sign On Bonus - Candidate cannot be a current UC employee. Candidate cannot have been employed by the University during the 12 months prior to the proposed rehire date. Candidate position classification cannot be Senior Management Group (SMG). Candidate must meet any additional UC location eligibility requirements.Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or higher level degree of nursing education
- Minimum of two years of experience in Labor and Delivery
- Demonstrated hospital management skills, with progressive expertise in patient care services. Knowledge to manage disaster incidents, critical events and ability to problem solve with critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills to create and maintain a climate for effective communication and collaborative decision making.
- Knowledge of relevant healthcare information technology and patient care workflows and processes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements, as well as related legislative, accreditation, licensing and compliance environments.
- Strong leadership, fiscal and operations management skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with physicians, management and staff from all disciplines. Ability to create and maintain a goal-oriented climate of teamwork, collaboration and consistent achievement of objectives.
- Master's Degree in Nursing
- Active Registered Nurse licensure in the State of California
- Active American Heart Association CPR Certification
- Active American Heart Association NRP Certification
Full TimeDepartment Name
Birth CenterEqual Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Department Description
The Women’s Health Service Line at UCSF Medical Center is, engaged in clinical, research, and training activities at the Parnassus, Mt. Zion, Mission Bay, as well as satellite locations throughout the Bay Area, with an annual operating budget of $175 million. The mission of the UCSF Department of OBGYN & Reproductive Sciences is to improve the lives and health of all women through excellence, innovation and leadership in Patient Care, Scientific Discovery, Education, Advocacy. “Leading the way in women’s health.”
The Mission Bay Birth Center includes 9 LDRP rooms, 24 Post Partum rooms, 12 Antepartum rooms and 9 triage bays. This position reports directly to the Unit Director of the Birth Center, under Women’s Health and Adult Services. About UCSF
At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what’s possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Consistently ranked among the top 10 hospitals nationwide by U.S. News & World Report – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.Pride Values
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence – also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity – both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.Location
Mission Bay (SF)